“This is our new neighborhood Thai restaurant- and for good reason.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Jasmine Restaurant

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dallas, Texas, United States
“This is our new neighborhood Thai restaurant- and for good reason.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We've discovered Thai Jasmine only recently, and we just finished our second dinner there last night. Wonderful on both visits. We're fortunate to be able to dine out, and eat anywhere we like, and DFW is a haven for options, but there's always been one element missing: good Thai cooking. We were big fans of Thai Tango in Flower Mound for years, but that's too far for when the urge hits. This place is the perfect substitute, with better prices and far better attention to the meal. Sure, the decor is casual, the layout a little unusual, but it's absolutely pristine. And I can say that I've never had the owner/chef come out and ask me how I want my meal prepared. I spend money to eat food I can't make at home, and if I want atmosphere I go to the French Room. But for the best brown noodles, whole snapper, and basil fried rice outside of Vancouver, this is it! It's close enough for quick carry out whenever we get the urge. Thanks for being there!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Love it - Esp. the BYOB!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Very nice intimate place! The food is very good and they pay special attention to kids. The owner, Mai, is very attentive to our needs and helps you with whatever questions you have on the menu. Items to try that are very yummy: fried rice, Pad Kee Mow, Spicy Basil rice dish.

We ALWAYS bring a bottle of wine when we go.!!! :)

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth
“mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We had the pad thai and basil leaves with beef. Also egg rolls as an appetizer. It didn't taste that great. Not impressed with the food or the service. They only has 2 people working & were working very hard but should have another person there on a Friday night. We sure wanted to like it, we loved Thai food in Seattle. We don't see any reason to go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
hbraden3, Owner at Thai Jasmine Restaurant, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Please accept our apology for your first impression of Thai Jasmine. The date of review was quite some time ago and I'm aware of issues that existed at that time. Most of the details you mentioned were addressed years ago and many major improvements have been made over the last couple of months. It would be so wonderful if you would give us a second chance to deliver you a better experience and great Thai food.
Texas
“Mine was good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Wow, after reading other reviews, I am thinking perhaps I've lucked out. My family has been here numerous times and I have to admit, I almost always get the same thing (pad thai) and it has been consistently good. I also really like their crispy spring rolls.

My wife has mushroom chicken and they have huge Shitake mushrooms in it (I usually get a taste!) and it has also been great.

Hurst, Texas
“Memorable but not in a good way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

Found a hair in my yellow curry... ugh This used to be a nice place that I frequented once a month or so. Now I do take out due to lack of time but so far, things had been fine and the food was great. Good veggie buffet. But this development is quite disturbing....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere