“As good as expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 98 restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
“As good as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It's a chain, you're limited to one kind of food , but great atmosphere, pleasant and efficient staff and delicious burrito's make this a great place,,,

Visited June 2013

52% Recommend
Fort Worth, TX
“On the Border does well!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

On the Border at this location is usually busy, very good menu, and waitstaff, and always is a good experience. Their specials, the seasonal shrimpfest, are awesome. Any of the menu items are usually reliable, although I lean toward a shrimp fajita or chicken enchilada.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grapevine
“Dinner at On the Border in Bedford, Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My son who is a freshman at UT Austin is a big fan of Tex Mex. We have tried various restaurants in the DFW and Austin metropolitan areas and we always come back to On The Border -- it is no doubt our favorite restaurant. Reasonably priced dishes that simply taste great and their signature salsa is the best.

On our visit yesterday, we started out with the Original Queso (creamy queso with jalapenos, cilantro and poblano peppers) and my son ordered the beef fajitas and I had the beef quesadilla. A delicious meal indeed...

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, TX
“Repeated attempts to like them”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

While there are at least 3 other Mexican food options within a 1/2 mile (not including fast food), we have made some real attempts to give OTB a try. It's been my opinion that the menu is a little uninspired and the layout at this location is prone to having a bunch of people crowding the front door during any moderately busy time...and this is the new location that was built for them because of the construction, yet they couldn't manage a better flow to account for people that have to wait and block the front entrance/exit. lol!

Recently I asked the hostess stand about the smoking policy for the patio. There as nothing posted, so I thought it beat to ask. I was told cigar smoke is allows. Alright. So I go there for dinner on the patio and have a cigar. There is a table from the corporate office across from us and one of the managers even comes out and visits with us. She even confirmed that cigar smoke is allowed. I go back a few weeks later and this time some supervisor guy comes running out to be quite belligerent. I share with him what we've been told. He brings out a manager and the quality of how its handles does not improve.

I'm perfectly fine with the policy for smoking that any place has for their patio or bar. If this location couldn't get their internal communication straight, that's fine too. But it was handled in a way that was fairly aggressive and rude in my opinion. Thankfully, this is TX and there literally is a Mezican food place on every corner...like the one a block away from this OTB that treats us like valued guests.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas Texas
“Not Mexican food to me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Food is bland and tasteless. Chips and salsa taste like baby food. Service? What service? You'd have to offer me big bucks to go back to this very disappointing venue. I've tasted way better from roach coaches.

Visited October 2012