“Tasty but pricy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Twisted Root Burger Co.

Twisted Root Burger Co.
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Euless, Texas
“Tasty but pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was seriously craving a burger and fries and having never tried Twisted Root decided to give it a go since it's so close to the house. I love the interesting choices and decided on the Spicy Goat with a side of regular fries. My husband went for the Enough Said. I have to take my husband's so-so review of his burger with a grain of salt since he's never thrilled with burgers anyway. I almost had to laugh at their addition of potato chips on top of it. It made me think of being in elementary school in CA in the 60's. When we had burger day we would put our Lay's on top of the burger, and to us that was the height of haute cuisine for 2nd graders in Glendora, CA. So now here's an $8 burger with homemade chips on it. Ooookaaaayyyy. Anyhoo, hubby said it was overcooked and flavorless and that the ranch was fairly nonexistent.
However I truly enjoyed my Spicy Goat and was glad the meat was seemingly season-less. The chipotle and goat cheese was all the flavor I really needed to enhance the meat. And even better, what cheese and sauce smooshed out the sides I was able to dip my fries into. Yum-ME. And a big plus in my books: A lovely lettuce leaf included instead of shredded lettuce. IMO, anyone who puts shredded lettuce on a burger should be shot. I also thought the fries were really good and nearly perfectly cooked.
My one complaint about the burgers: The lackluster bun. It was a smidge too thin to be able to hold up to what it was trying to hold together. Also, toasting the bun would help too.
I ordered the toasted coconut cream pie shake. Soooo good with a TON of coconut, but a little small for the price.
So yeah, the prices are a tad high for a burger joint. And they seem to be trying a little too hard with the kitschy decor and funny signs ("Hey Math, grow up and solve your own problems..."). But I thought the food was good enough to try it again one of these days, plus the staff is super friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Family Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME experience!!!! From pulling into the parking lot and being greeted by staff at opening time, to leaving and being told good bye...I could not have had a better experience!!!
Have always wanted to eat here, "Bucket List" item, and got to yesterday! The atmosphere is amazing, food extreme, and service and staff are out of this world great!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Texas
“Expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I like the idea but the burgers are very overpriced, don’t come with fries or rings, or much in the way of toppings and the place is too loud to hear yourself think. You line up to order, then go to the bar for a drink, find a table, and they eventually call you by assigned celebrity name which may work better than a number or real names, but I’d prefer AB22 rather than Madonna!

Turkey ranch burger was tasty though, just not somewhere we can afford to go often, so the turkey burger from Red Robin (who does it better and they have wait staff and endless fries!) is the winner locally for me!

I like Fudruckers too as they have a decent fixin's bar.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Good food, fun vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Any place that has the menu on butcher paper duct taped to the wall is okay in my book. There's quirky little sayings everywhere which immediately sets the tone as a fun place to be. I ordered the Ranch Hand burger and it was very good. Not a lot of condiments to cover up the meat flavor, so that's a plus. The French fries were very nice and hot, crispy on the outside with that creamy potato flavor on the inside. They were so good I didn't dip them in ketchup, which is saying a lot. The burgers are around $7.99 depending on what you get and some would say that it's pricey but I am always willing to pay more for better food. That being said I will definitely go back and try a different burger. "I have never had a bad meal in a place that leaves a roll of paper towels on the table" said my husband.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, TX
“Pricey. It's just a burger , after all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Sure, there are places that serves burgers that aren't that good. And yeah, Twisted Root has decent burgers. But I have a hard time justifying over $11 a person for a burger drinks and fries in a place that's essentially self-serve. Maybe at a sit-down place where you get table service.

Added to that, picking an old 7-11 on on of the busier corners in town makes parking quite a mess and a parking lot I don't feel safe with my family walking in. Not much room inside and who wants to sit on a patio in the TX summer? Seems like Bedford has plenty if abandoned storefronts lately they could have worked with TR to have found a place a little more accommodating to the customer for both space and parking.

If you are OK with forking over this much for a burger, then you'll be fine here.

Visited May 2013