“Great steakhouse” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cockeysville, Maryland
“Great steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The service here is top notch. I sat at the bar, and the server was awesome. We had nice chats about the steak and he let me sample the house smoked sirloin which was full of flavor. I order the filet minion and it was delicious, tender and seasoned perfectly (though you get to choose your seasoning). The red wine demi glaze was mouthwatering to go with it too. Definitely recommend checking this steakhouse out.

Visited May 2014

Hurst, Texas
“Steak not good 2x in a row; service mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I’ve eaten with this brand many times over many years. They have historically provided decent food at fair prices. However, today was the second visit to this store in recent memory where the food quality just wasn’t up to par. This time I made up my mind I’m not going to give them another chance, so I didn’t ask to have the food replaced, and never told them of the problem.

All restaurants have access to a higher grade of beef than is sold to consumers through normal channels. I’ve been told this was done years ago to give restaurants something to sell that one can’t buy in the grocery store. Prime is held back for restaurants while choice, select, and standard are marketed through normal channels. Therefore no restaurant should ever need to use meat tenderizer, but especially a steak house.

Meat Tenderizer chemically modifies both the taste and texture of the cooked steak. Old friends who have managed a steak house for years claim that using it will kill the business. I can certainly see why, as it just doesn’t taste good. Today, in this store alone, is the second steak I have been served that has been tenderized. That’s just not acceptable, and I’m not going back. Additionally, their croutons on the salad were so over-seasoned they can only be described as “blazing hot.”

At Christmas I ate in one of their Austin stores, and there was nothing wrong with the steak. This problem appears to be store dependent. Anyhow, the taste was lacking enough I wouldn’t eat it, and took it home to my beloved dog.

Service today was strained, having to wait a very long time for hostess to appear. My table server, Monique, was just having a bad day. Everything she approached turned into a struggle, but the meal did get to the table adequately. The manager came by to ask about my meal, and I told him “I guess it’s all right.” Clearly, he wasn’t really interested in my satisfaction, and came by because corporate tells him that it’s his job.

So, I paid up and left. And, that’s the final chapter for myself and this store. There’s plenty of places very close to buy a good steak, and without corner cutting that shows up in the taste of the food. The restaurant was 1/3 full, and there just wasn’t any reason for operations to be less than smooth.

RIP Texas Land and Cattle.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas, Usa
“I've never had a bad steak here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've been to this restaurant several times over the past 5 years and never had a bad steak - my last visit was for our Wedding Aniversary - the meal was great! The service, not so good which is why I haven't given it a 5 star rating. Obviously the chef's know what they are doing and they do it well - the waiting staff really do need to "up" their game.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DFW,TX
“Menu needs an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Seems like it's been the same menu choices for at least 6 years now, as long as I've frequented the place anyway. Some of the food is pretty good, some isn't much to brag about. Interestingly, of all the food they serve the steak is probably my least favorite so, considering this is a steak house that's not good.
If you're looking for a pretty good wedge salad then this might be the place for you.
The place does have good atmosphere I just wished the food was a notch or two better.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Foods delicious but the service needs attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went to the steakhouse while in hurst on business. I was very pleased with the atmosphere when I walked in - big and Texas-y. Loved it. The service was not good - they were not busy and I kind of felt bad for my server - he was genuine enough but needed major training - and although there was management around - there was no training for sure. The food was excellent. Would I go back - yes but my service expectation will not be that high.

• Visited February 2014