“Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Clifton Park NY
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Got stuck at DFW airport at 10 PM during a storm and could not get a usual 5 star hotel. American Airlines gave us a reduced rate voucher (after being asked) and we headed for one of the last hotels available. The Super 8 van picked us up for free and took us to Bedford Tx. The check-in that late at night is not usually pleasant at any hotel, but the front desk lady at the Super 8 made us feel welcome. The room was clean, had all the TV channels one could want and free wireless internet. There is a restaurant/Bar next door that served drinks late enough for us. When I went to an early breakfast at the Hotel I met Ms. Sara Powell ( who I later found out is the Director of Sales) in the breakfast room making coffee, and preparing the breakfast food with a cheerful attitude. Then I watched her run the Front Desk alone and run back and forth to the customer requests for more, coffee, cereal etc etc. Later I found out theat she was doing 2 or 3 diferent jobs because the Super 8 was short handed. I was amazed how upbeat and can do her attituse was. Sara really made the unplanned Super 8 experience fun. Nice job Super 8 and Sara

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Went to this Super 8 motel with some co workers when our flight was cancelled, had a awful trip but going to the super 8 made it a lot easier to handle, the people in the front were wonderful gave me all the things i needed for the night stay (tooth brush tooth paste razors and shaving cream) since i did not plan for a overnight trip. They got me into a clean nice room quickly, set me up for a shuttle back to the airport in the morning and i even got to eat TEXAS SHAPED WAFFLES :) The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the staff was like a life savior after a awful day of flight cancellations and delays

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I was traveling with friends for new years and the airport was not letting flights go out because the weather, so we went to Super 8 in Bedford. The front desk clerk (Amy) was very friendly and kind to us. We got a room right away. That night after we got checked in, we decided to go out for diner, but all the restaurants were close because it was so late. So, the shuttle driver (Michael) went out of his way to take us to Albertson's to get groceries. The room was comfortable and the staff was great. I felt like i was at home! I will never forget my stay there, I will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

Because of flight cancellations due to weather we were directed to this hotel by the airline. What a surprise! The shuttle picked us up right away...........as in no waiting! The driver (Michael) had us laughing in no time. Up to this point we had found nothing to laugh at! He told us about a number of good places to eat. The desk clerk (Amy) was equally great. She got us checked in quickly and we were on our way to eat. The hotel is extremely clean and quiet. The breakfast was fantastic!!! The owner (Mike) drove us back to the airport in the morning. We found out after we got there that we were not flying out........... again. Once again we were sent back to the hotel. They actually drove us to Target to buy warm clothes as we had traveled in from Mexico and had none! I just can't say enough about our stay at this hotel! Everything was perfect! They all worked so hard to make everything better for us! Just when we thought nothing could make it better!!

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
moraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

When I checked in the staff was very friendly and helpful, They met all my requests . The room was nice with a great bed, lot's of amenities. I felt at Home with the ability to go eat at a close restaurant's , free WiFi, and quiet surroundings. With a nice clean Room and all the friendly Staff I would recommend this Hotel and always come back in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Our family received the best service and our stay was excellent. The staff was overly friendly. We stayed for over 5 days and our room was cleaned and we received fresh towels daily. The breakfast was great and the 24/7 coffee was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

i wouldn't recommend or stay here ever again i was my anniversy may 22nd last weekend i checked in decorated the room had a suite with the jacuzzi in it nice room left went and did other things with my husband got back to the room he was very excitied we got ready to get in the jacuzzi and there was no hot water in the whole hotel and went and complain to the desk person and she blew me off and said they working on it nad waited 2 hours and still no hot water so gave them there key back and told them i wanted my money back cause my anniversery has been ruined she told me i would to come back on monday and talk to the supervisor i came back on monday and still had no water and he still letting people checking in he just want ur money he told me he would give me half a refund and told him i didn;t use this room so u gone give me all my money he told me he would get back with me and didn't so icalled the city on them and they went and checked out and then he calls and give me a refund very bad situation..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Bedford DFW Airport West? Share your experiences!