“Nice weekend stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bedford
Springdale, Arkansas
“Nice weekend stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Clean and once you figure out the construction issues, it's quiet and nice. Spacious for 5 people, we were comfortable. Breakfast was nice, front desk employees were very helpful and pleasant. The only thing I would suggest is new carpet. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in the area for a weekend away. When we arrived the clerk was efficient and helpful. The suite was large and very clean. I was especially surprised at how quiet it was. Yes, there is road construction but after you've learned to get in and out, its manageable. I'm sure Homewood did not order the construction and it should not be counted against them. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Long time HH member. 200 days per year on the road on average. If construction in front of this property were the only issue it would not be a problem. Staff is really low end at this property. Following multiple issues called the front desk to inquire about ice machines. Informed that ice could only be obtained from the front desk using a key. Made the very lengthy trek to the front desk at 9:30 pm. No staff on duty. Sat in a chair bythe lounge for 10 minutes. No staff. Called out several times and nobody appeared. Returned to room and called front desk. No answer. Called back 10 minutes later and finally reached someone. Explained what I had experienced. Lady quickly became condescending and then started yelling at me. If you are wondering why the rates are low at this property there is a reason. Expect a Red Roof type experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
longview, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Im writing this as a Diamond member.

I stayed here with my wife, 2 kids and in-laws for Monster Jam at Cowboys Stadium. Me, my son and father in law stayed at Cowboys stadium for the pit pass while my wife checked in at the hotel. Our inlaws room was fine but our room some how smelled like cigarette smoke even though its a non smoking room. We were then given a two queen room but I had reserved a king. When I got back to the hotel late, I went down to get the room fixed. Front desk asked what is the diffrence between a king and two queen beds. I told her it was that I reserved a king not two queens. She finnally gave me a king. Construction in front of the hotel is awful and need to keep your eyes out for the entrance. Breakfast was okay, I've had better at Hampton Inns. Probably wont stay here whenever Im in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were originally unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved but we're glad to have resolved the issue. I would also like to apologize for the construction around the area. The whole DFW area is undergoing these type of projects and we are aware of the stress it represents to our guests. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Altus, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family, met half way and shared a two bed suite. The property was nice enough. The rooms were in decent condition, there was a window in our room that did not close completely right next to the bed. The rooms are very spacious as you would expect for a homewood suites. The beds are comfortable. The kitchen area came in handy as we cooked a little for the kids. The bathrooms had a little mold on the shower curtains, but otherwise pretty clean. As I said in the title, the construction that is apparently everywhere in Ft Worth makes it very difficult to find, get to the hotel and getting in/out is almost dangerous with narrow lanes and blind corners. Not the best Homewood Suites I have stayed in, but not too bad for the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and I apologize that the construction in the area disrupted the comfort of your stay. It's scheduled to be completed somewhere around 2015 so we hope the next time you're in the area we have the opportunity to serve you again.

If you need to contact me, feel free to do so at anytime.

Regards,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Bedford location for years. This year my mother was traveling with us and needed a wheel chair accessible shower. I called several months in advance and was guaranteed a room with a roll in shower. I called the night before we were to arrive to touch base with the hotel and make sure the room was assigned. The hotel desk attendant informed that the room was not available. She confirmed that the reservation had shown that we needed a wheel chair accessible room but that it was not available. She then offered to cancel our reservation. I asked to speak to a manager and she told me that she had just spoken to the manager and they would tell me the same thing and again offered to cancel. She then said that if I cancelled that I would possibly be charged a fee for canceling within 24 hours. Overall, this was very disappointing
since we have always enjoyed this hotel. Fortunately, I was able to find another hotel and we will not be staying with Homewood Suites Bedford anymore.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My initial impression of the hotel was nice......I was there for 2 nights on a business trip. On my flight back home I noticed bites all over my arm and immediately knew they were bed bug bites. I had them all over both arms, my back and legs. I had 2 sleepless nights because I kept waking up to scratch or put some kind of ointment to control the itching. The bites got so swollen that they became infected and painful. It took about a week for them to finally heal and 3 weeks later I still have scars all over my arms. It looks so ugly and disgusting. I have never in my life experienced anything like this and felt so disgusted that i was taking several showers a day. Its not easy to get rid of them so just in case I stayed in room 214, so check around to see any residue before you sleep there, its not a pleasant experience at all. I also called the following Monday to complain and all I got was, "Oh, I am so sorry about that, we'll clean the room, thank you".

Will never stay at a homewood suite again! This is a hotel that my employer uses often.....

• Stayed December 2012
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation.

I thank you for your feedback and feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Regards,

Rafael Luque

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford? Share your experiences!