“Does the Job considering the age. Needs updating.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% Off Advance Purchase
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Bedford
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Does the Job considering the age. Needs updating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have spend in total here 6 weeks and come here when I need more room on long stays as the Hyatt Place hotels to not have a kitchen.
They do their best to keep this hotel clean but it is in a dire need of an update as all the decor is dated.
I disagree with the comments on the staff being rude. They are not, infact quite the opposite.
They have just upgraded all the TV's in the rooms to Flat Screen which makes a huge difference.

They do provide a meal at night, but I have never taken it as never looks appetizing!

Like I say, this hotel does the job it says on the tin, but "No Frills".

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

The main part of the hotel seemed nice enough and the staff were good. They decorated our room because of my husband's military service which was very kind but the confetti on the floor was a bad idea. If we come back to the area I doubt I'll stay at this Homewood again because the black mold is a big health concern, especially with children. We were shocked to pay Hilton prices and have that much mold in our room. We laid awake most of the night wondering how clean everything else was. We checked out early and went home.

Room Tip: Don't take 215.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RLuque, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites Bedford. I understand that you encountered an opportunity with the cleanliness of your guest room, I sincerely apologize for this. This is one of the area's that we are very vigilant in to ensure comfort and satisfaction for our guests. I'm so sorry that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if you travels bring you back to Bedford that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again, I appreciate your honest feedback.

Rafael Luque
Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed here for business because it was convenient to the place I was working. Now mind you, I travel every week and have stayed in Hilton properties over 100 nights this year. This place is more of the rundown Ramada type - not corporate owned, but a franchisee. Sure, you get plenty of room, but for the price the place should be a lot nicer. Upon check-in, I noticed my throat and nose burning, but attributed it to a long travel/work day. The next day, as I continued to notice my throat getting sore, I saw dark black mold growing on the vents. But it gets worse - there was mold and mildew all over the shower curtain and a streak of what appeared to be blood on the bathroom wallpaper. Since I was only staying a couple of nights, it wasn't worth moving to another hotel, but strangely enough after I left and got home my symptoms disappeared. I didn't dare try the food due to the uncleanliness of the overall property. There are a lot better hotels in the area - I'd recommend one of them.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
RLuque, Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of amenities you deserve. Because business travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Pros:
1) The one room suite is spacious enough for a family of three and a puppy and includes a kitchenette.
2) The price is quite good and they do not charge an additional fee for small pets (ours is 10lbs)
3) The rate includes daily basic maid service and breakfast, as well as an evening hors d'oevres bar with beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)

Cons:
1) The property maintenance is lacking. The washer/dryers have been out of service for the week that we have been there and no one can say when they will be fixed.
2) Staffing is very light and the subsequent service you receive borders on non-existant.

Bottom line - I wish that we would have spent $50/per night more and gone to a better hotel. The experience, while not painful, was not pleasant.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Guilford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

Excellent suites hotel, 2 rooms (LR and BR) with medium sized kitchen (2 burner cooktop, full refridge, Microwave). Clean, well cared for, limited breakfast (with hot sausage and eggs but little fruit) near confluence of two major highways. Would stay again!

Stayed March 2008
Kerens,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I had a previous experience with my sister staying here so I knew what to expect. The hotel lived up to what I remembered. Excellent check in- clerk made accomodations for three smokers when I had booked no smoking (my mistake!). Rooms were quite clean and comfortable. Good, basic linens, comfortable beds.

Housekeeping was very quiet in the morning- lots of work being done in public areas and on the pool/landscaping.

Two of our friends had a problem with their room being VERY hot when we got back late from the races- after 11 PM. Apparently the desk was very accomodating and helpful, changed rooms quite easily. Also provided help with late night pizza info!

Morning breakfast was good- standard waffle iron/eggs/sausage kind of thing but clean and well done. Good location, easy to get around with close by restaurants.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

This hotel was more than great for the price paid! The check-in was easy and the staff was very pleasant. Our room was very clean and very nice. The bed and linens were very comfortable. There were many things included in the kitchen for a comfortable, extended stay (i.e. pots, silverware, plates, glass, etc.) They even left a personalized note on the table to welcome you to your room. It was a nice touch!

• Liked — The room was amazing!
  • Disliked — A little confused when trying to find the elevator after checking in.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Worth/Bedford? Share your experiences!