“Average is about right” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pueblo, Colorado
“Average is about right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

1. Breakfast is ok for 2-3 days, but the same pre-packaged stuff every day is boring and not appealing. 2. Customer service is seriously lacking, it seems that everyone is more concerned about sitting in the front desk chair or quickly finishing a task than attending to guests. 3. The construction is horrid in this area, all the way up and down is just a huge aggravation. 4. Fitness center is well equipped, but heats up quick and the treadmill is a complete joke, all it does is make a loud squeaking noise. 5. The rooms are very clean, well kept and the added benefit of a nice kitchen is what makes me give them at least 3 "stars" I won't be staying here in the future.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BedfordTownePlace, Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
The feedback that you provided on your experience at our hotel is greatly appreciated. Our team here strives to ensure that each and every one of our guests enjoy their time with us. We are constantly looking for ways in which we can improve. I apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect and would like you to know that we will certainly be addressing the items that you mentioned. Thank you for brining them to our attention. Whenever you return to the area in the future, we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to have you as our guest once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The check-in person did not stand up to greet me - it was a young lady who just stayed seated. There is 1980's orange type carpeting in the entry. The room smelled musty. It was a cold night and I turned on the heater in the room. The fire alarm was set off with the heater turned on. I had to wait for a time before trying the heater again - and the fire alarm did not go off. The continental breakfast - skip it. No one was manning the front desk at check out and I had to wait until the person hosting the "breakfast" could break away to check me out (She by the way was friendly, apologetic, appropriate!) This hotel stay was worth about $40 - not Marriott quality AT ALL! We are Marriott supporters and I support NOT going to this TownPlace.

Room Tip: Stay at another Marriott brand.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us at the Towneplace Suites. I sincerely apologize that your experience here did not meet your expectations. As we value your business and loyalty to the Marriott brand, we would like to get the chance to welcome you back and make it right. If you find yourself in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact us. Once again, we apologize for the experience that you encountered and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nicely renovated hotel. Very clean and the towels were sooo soft! The room really surprised me with how modern and up-to-date it was. Located near the highway but, it is tucked away in a nice quiet wooded area. As a Marriott employee this is by far the nicest TownePlace I have stayed at!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable, maybe because it's a 3 story building. We always enjoy the room kitchenette amenities the TownePlace Suites provides as well as free WiFi connection. The location and parking felt safe and comfortable. There were nearby restaurants for afternoon dinning. The free continental breakfast is a plus, but it's not a hot breakfast as you could get at other hotels...breakfast includes (waffles, bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs served cold, microwave sausage biscuits, etc) but could be better. Our stay was during a holiday weekend, so during breakfast, seating was very limited, but we managed to get a table. The room size is descent but our bed was not as comfortable as we imagine it could have been. During our 3-night stay, we had some sleepless nights. We have been Marriott members for several years now and have stayed at numerous hotels, but this particular hotels bed was not as comfortable as the ones at other locations.

We did have one issue with this hotel. The hotel manager did email me earlier stating they had a question on my reservation. I did not read my message a few days earlier, but when I called, both the manager and assistant manager were out. The email did not state there was not an issue with my reservation, so I assumed nothing was wrong. Upon check-in, I was told I was reserved for two rooms being they did not a have my 2 double bedroom as I had reserved. I had made a reservation for a 2 queen bedroom for my husband and 5 year old son. There was no need for an additional room for the 3 of us so I declined the additional one. My 5 year old normally gets his own bed, so he had to sleep on the sofa bed. Not a big issue, but being that it was an uncomfortable sofa bed, as most of them are, he managed to have restful nights. I'm sure I paid for a 2 bedroom price for the 1 bedroom room we received, no big deal, but the hotel should of at least stated in full details there was an issue with my reservation in the email. I was caught by surprise, but other than that, it was quite a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel for on the go occupants or small families.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BedfordHI_GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Krystalstravels,
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as the local area dinning and attractions. I do apologize that the Double Suite reserved, was not available. In most cases, speaking with the guest would be the preferred means of communication. This way I’m able to advise the situation, present the options and come to a resolution. Once again, I apologize as the email sent out prior to your arrival was meant to make arrangements to speak via phone and avoid any surprises. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to accommodating you and family on the next trip to the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Thanks
John Rubio
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This was a spacious, home type location. I enjoyed the rooms and the extras in the kitchenette. While breakfast felt more commercial, the food was still good. I appreciated the clean bathrooms and the availability of the fitness room. I would stay again if in the area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks during a work. The "grab and go" breakfast is not much at all. I've stayed at Staybridge Suites and they have an awesome fresh, hot breakfast. The place is a bit dated but my room was clean. There is only one air conditioner for the suite. It was VERY cold in the living area and if turned to a warmer setting, the bedroom got very stuffy and warm. They do have a pull-out sofa but not sure how sleeping next to the ice cold air conditioner would feel. There are a few other kitchenette hotels in this area. I would recommend one of those compared to this one. Staff is friendly and the hotel is close to the freeway, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
BedfordHI_GM, Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Scubacher,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the local area during your stay and want to thank you for your kind words about our staff. I’m sorry to hear the room type you reserved was not a good fit for you. We did just complete renovations in May 2012 and have multiple room layouts that may have made your stay more comfortable for you. I would encourage you to revisit the TownePlace Suites by Marriott next time you find yourself in the area and try the different room types. We appreciate your review and feedback.

John Rubio
Bristol, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We enjoyed two nights here and it is nice to have more than one room which is typical of most hotels. ONe room with a living area adjacent to the full kitchen was good size, clean and comfortable. The bedroom was just that with a good bed. The decor was a little dated and as we learned this property was one of the first TownePlace Suites in the Marriott portfolio. Overall it was fine. Breakfast showed a good variety. This hotel is really good for extended stays as was most of the people staying here were families during a transition.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Dallas Bedford? Share your experiences!