“baytown” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Baytown
Perrysburg, Ohio
“baytown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

It was not a plesant stay. Location is not very convenient. Stuffs are friendly and good. Room was not upto my satisfaction. In resturant, not all menu is available as per menu card. I would not recommend it for my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
Zachary, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My grandsons and I stayed here will attending the NHRA races in Baytown in April 2014. What a horrible place! The equipment is outdated; I was given a smoking room when I reserved a non-smoking room; light bulbs missing; plywood on the windows; a/c vents full of dust; no clothes hangers; electrical sockets hanging from the walls. When teenagers call a place nasty, you know it's bad. Men, do NOT bring your wives. You will be sorry if you do.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Quality Inn - Not a good experience.
I would expect this from a 39.99 motel
*No remote for TV
*Three of the four rooms we booked had no clock
*The occasional chair was heavily stained
*We had a queen bed with king sheets that drug on the ground
*Two of the four rooms had no Kleenex
** In the a.m. we went to the house restaurant. The tables had glass tops on top of table clothes that appeared pristine - - until you pulled out the chair and the cloth over hang ( about 36" wide and 24" overhang) felt and looked like someone had dusted with it and then threw food at it! We left immediately. "Info": We pulled in late - - got the last four rooms in town - due to an oil convention. This "Quality" Inn was located at 300 So. Hwy 146 Business - - - which entered into a GPS takes you everywhere but there - - you would think for $90 a night they would give you GPS co-ordinates. Once a desk person said, "Ohhhhh - - - let me give you another address for it - - - 300 So. Hwy 146 North Business - - on Alexander." - then it came together. We were not happy and this particular Inn should not represent your chain . . . I defy your CEO to stay at this particular Motel!

Room Tip: check out your room before committing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is disgusting the service is the worst! The manager is rude and knocks on your door at late hours and as for the room the bathroom door was stinking and o was late for work trying to get out the floor had water all over ask the mg to move me rooms it took a week they move me rooms and the next room was no better it smelled of mold! and roaches and ants every where and they don't clean i seen a condom! behind the dresser there is no water pressure what so ever and when you rent for a week you don't get house keeping all together these rooms are for dope heads!

• Stayed July 2012
McCook, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

When you decide to stay at a name-brand hotel you expect a certain level of accommodation. I have stayed at many Quality Inn locations; but have never had as poor of an experience as here. The room was dirty. I had to clean the coffee table and there was some sort of crud all over the floors. When I reluctantly tried to take a shower because the bathtub was dirty, there was no water so I had to take a washcloth bath in the sink! Only warm water would come out of the sink! Coffee pot was missing parts so I could not make any coffee. Terribly disappointing

Room Tip: Just avoid this one....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Only stayed for one night in this hotel and it was okay. Found it easy enough as was travelling from Dallas to New Orleans and stopped off after visiting Houston.

Rooms were okay and no issues at all.

Stayed July 2011
New Orleans, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here during the 2012 NHRA Spring Nationals. Our RV broke down and we found this motel at the last minute. The reviews were unfavorable so we were very apprehensive about staying here but had no choice as most motels in the area were sold out. We were pleasantly surprised! This property is very well maintained and managed.
Staff - Friendly, helpful and accomodating.
Room- Very clean and appears to have been recently updated. The carpet was fresh and new, the bathroom has tiled tub/shower and clean, average quality towels, comfortable bed with crisp clean sheets and a down blanket, adequate pillows. The room had a mini fridge, microwave, nice furnishings, iron/ironing board, hairdryer, standard toiletries. Everything was in working order.
Housekeeping - Exceptional. Room cleaned daily and smelled fresh. We had a nonsmoking room.
Restaurant - We had the breakfast buffet which was ok. However, the servers were friendly and attentive. Free coffee and tea offered in the lobby each morning. There is menu service (varied selection) although we did not dine there.
Pool - Did not use but it appeared to be well maintained.
Grounds - Well maintained with ice and vending machines. Abundant light in parking areas and corridors.
Negatives - Hard to find even using the GPS. The surrounding area was ok. Common sense rules apply - keep your vehicle locked. We did not experience any problems.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay and were only minutes from Royal Purple Raceway via the Grand Parkway. I expressed to desk clerk the reviews that I read and they acknowledged this stating they were working to resolve them. I am extremely particular when I choose a hotel or motel. I would definitely recommend this property and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!