“home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Baytown
Baytown, Texas, Usa
“home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and I must say that springhill Marriott at Baytown is by far the best. From the GM to the front desk staff who are willing to accommodate my needs on my many stays with them. To the many wonderful staff members who go out of their way to make sure that happens. Im very big very big on customer service it makes a tremendous impact and staying at Springhill Marriott has far exceed my expectations. I want to THANK Chris,Lisa, Grisela, Jameal, Emmanuel, Cynthia,and Claudia for making this an exstradonary experience for me on every stay and making this my home away from home....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Adrian P,

Thank you for writing such a glowing recommendation of our hotel. It's always wonderful to hear that our staff "go out of their way" and "and "exceed expectations". Our team takes great pride in SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown being a Marriott Diamond Circle Award winner and dlligently work to maintain the cleanliness and customer service levels that earned us that prestigious award. We're genuinely proud of their efforts and it's wonderful to see the impact it's had on you as well.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Chris Carter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel management and staff; Chris, Yvette, Lisa, Cynthia, Claudia, Jameal, Patricia, Steevo, Jackie, GiGi, and the housekeeping staff are extremely well trained for their positions. Very friendly, outgoing, funny, and helpful. I would recommend anyone to stay in this hotel if you ever come to Baytown. This hotel is a construction workers "home away from home"

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Sam,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We're pleased that you found our staff to be well-trained, friendly and helpful. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team. They strive daily to ensure our long-term guests find our hotel a "home away from home", and it's great to update them on how their efforts are received.

We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Baytown.

Waldwick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here one night for business in the Baytown area. Clean rooms and good breakfast and wireless connection. Comfortable bed. Did not use the pool or exercise facility. A different decor with aqua/blue color scheme and nicely appointed rooms. Was woken up very early to the sound of a fire alarm and found out this was due to a faulty smoke detector. Not the best experience arriving after a 3+ hour flight but would not prevent me from staying in the future. This brand has been very consistent within the Marriott organization and I select them frequently.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Topher 5,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. First and foremost, we'd like to tell you how much we appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand . It's wonderful to hear that our hotel lived up to Marriott's exacting standards and that you were able to enjoy our modern decor, comfortable beds, fast and reliable internet and delicious breakfast during your stay. We apologize for the false fire alarm. I'm sure after a long flight, that was not a pleasant experience. We had our alarm company out that same morning to review the system and make adjustments.

We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Baytown, TX.

Baytown, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Horrible,Horrible,Horrible the staff we're very disrespectful they hollered at my children that were in the pool I guess they think it is ok to treat paying customers with rudeness so I complained. Like any paying customer would. I asked to speak to the manager this stranger whom I did not know was hollering at the top of his lungs to me and my wife would not listen to a word that was being said,Just to prove a point to my self I asked him if I could bbq in the front of the building where a group of men were doing just that, and he said that there was no way that we could do that,I then told him that this group of men were doing it, then he changed his story when he realized it was one of the contractors that must be working in Baytown from out of town. There company is paying for numerous rooms so, people get treated differently VERY VERY RUDE GROUP OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear FredM,

At the SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown we take the safety, security and comfort of all of our guests seriously. To protect the safety of our guests, we do not book pool parties or allow alcoholic beverages in our pool area. Understandably it’s difficult to control the conduct of non-registered guests or monitor their safety and we recognize that alcohol impairs both reflexes and judgment. Baytown has wonderful facilities that are built to facilitate pool parties – most notably Pirate's Bay. To keep our guests secure, we limit access to the hotel’s guest room floors and public areas. Propping open doors, especially Emergency doors, creates a dangerous situation . To ensure the comfort of our guests we’ve instituted a noise policy. Visiting family and friends certainly can get a little noisy, so final actions are not taken until more than three (3) complaints are received. After numerous noise and conduct complaints despite management intervention, action was required. As a hotel we must protect the comfort, security and safety of all of our guests. We consider this our number one job.

Our goal is to create a “home away from home” for our guests. . The group you noticed enjoying themselves grilling on our patio, requested permission in advance from our team, and it was granted. They definitely enjoyed themselves. Our management team is more than willing to hear any and all requests. To keep things fair we respond to requests in the order they’re received and carefully consider whether granting permission will create a negative experience for our other guests. If at the end of the day, we’re unable to facilitate it, we help provide a referral for an area vendor.

Truly this was a difficult situation.

Respectfully,
Chris C
Tyler, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

May I start off by saying that this is a great hotel. The staff are well trained,very helpful and very professional.The GM Chris is Awesome!! he always greet you with a smile ask if everything is ok and very friendly. The staff Lisa,GG and Claudia are great they go above and beyond to make sure that you feel at home.If there is an issue they will fix it immediately.I have worked in this area for about 2 years and I stay at this hotel about every other week because of the great service that this staff provides.The breakfast are very good and it's always someone there cleaning or standing in the event that you might need something.The fitness center is always nice and clean and always have plenty of towels.The pool area is the same way.The rooms at this hotel is some of the cleanest room that I have ever stayed in and I spend a lot of time out on the road working which mean that I stay in a lot of different hotels hands down this is the best hotel.The staff is always at the front desk and ready to take on any issues that you might have.I stay at this hotel a week at a time and have never had any issues. They really have a great Team here
Thanks!!

Jeffrey,

Wow! Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. We share all of our guest feedback with our staff, and Lisa, GG. Claudia and I were humbled by your compliments. We strive each day to provide all of our guests with a "home away from home" and to ensure that our hotel's cleanliness, incredible amenities and customer service exceeds all of your expectations. It's wonderful to hear that our staff has achieved that. We're especially proud that after 2 years of staying with us on a consistent basis, you feel exactly the same. Rest assured that we will continue to greet you with a friendly smile and make sure that you "feel at home".

We're looking forward to seeing you during your next stay.

Farmington, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks and I love it! The staff were all very friendly and willing to help out, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and the A2Z lounge is a great place to have a drink at the end of the day. There was a classy but casual environment here and it makes the time pass so much faster. Patricia was awesome, she was always fun and friendly and would help out anyway she could. The managers were all very visible and interacting with everyone which is hard to find in many hotels. Thanks to all of you who made the stay great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Shawn P,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We are ecstatic to hear you loved your stay. Our staff strives to provide for our guests a "home away from home" experience by maintaining our hotels stringent cleanliness standards and creating a warm and friendly environment. We're glad that you were able to unwind in our A2Z Lounge. We constantly hear from business and weekend travelers alike how much they love our sports bar/lounge and how it provides them the opportunity to relax at the end of a long day without having to leave the hotel. We will be sure to pass along your compliments to Patricia - it's great to hear when a team member exceeds expectations. Rest assured that you will continue to see our management team out and about - interacting with guests, receiving feedback, hosting manager's reception, it's the highlight of our day. We hope to see you back soon!

Grand Chenier, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

All employees are very professional and friendly. Service was excellant. Was in a great location. The rooms were clean and neat. The laundry service was good and prompt. The resturant was excellent. Everyone made us feel at home for the long duration of our stay. Couldn't have asked for any better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chris C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Greg J,

We consider it a true accomplishment to receive such a glowing review from a long-term stay guest. Our staff will be proud to hear your many compliments on our excellent service, cleanliness, friendly demeanor and great food selections in the A2Z Lounge. We strive to create a "home away from home" for our long-term stay guests and it's wonderful to hear that we've succeeded. We look forward to seeing you during your next project in Baytown.

Chris C

Been to SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown? Share your experiences!