“Older Property That Needs Updating” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Baytown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Older Property That Needs Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed in this property for four nights in February, 2013. The property is an older one, and the hallways have a bad odor to them. The bed was comfortable and the television was adequate, however the reception was poor (I believe it was because of the weather).
One major complaint that I had was the noise level. It was very noisy and at first I thought it was other guests, but after investigating I found out it was the housekeeping staff. The were in the halls laughing and carrying on from the moment they began until they ended their day. I am glad when people enjoy their job (and they did an excellent job), but they need to realize that this is a place where people sleep ... and not necessarily just at night.
The air conditioner did not work adequately (age I believe) and the electrical outlets by my bed did not work so I was unable to charge my telephone near my bed. Someone came up, but he was unable to solve either problem in the time frame that I needed.
Overall, I feel this hotel is overpriced. It is a decent place to stay, a good location, but they need to lower the price. I did participate in the breakfast, it was not as good as other Hampton Inns that I have stayed at.
The front desk staff was friendly, as was all of the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the hotel away from the Interstate tend to be a little quieter. So higher floo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. We definately strive to be the best hotel in the area by giving our guest a nice, clean, comfortable stay each time. I do apoligize about the noise level of our housekeepers in the hallway. As you mentioned, we do believe in each employee enjoying their job. However, without any disturbance to our valued guest. We are about to go through an extensive upgrade to our hotel and hope that you will give us another chance someday and allow us to change your mind. I thank you again for your feedback as I can share it with my staff. This will allow us to provide exceptional service each and every time for you and every other guest that decides to give us a try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Dissappointed in our overnight stay. I would NOT describe the room as "spacious". The only thing I found great about the hotel is the free self laundry that I didn't even use. The king study we got was quite compact. I ran out to my car about midnight to grab something only to have the side entry not let me back in. Had to go all the way back around to get back in. The service people were nice. Hot breakfast consisted of oatmeal or waffles. U could toast ur own bread if u want hard bread to start with. I've definately stayed in worse hotels but think I would opt for a different hotel if staying in that area. Lots of hotels all around there. To me the hampton was overpriced.

• Stayed March 2013
Scott D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Baytown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for comments about your most recent stay at our hotel. It is our duty to look at each of these items and correct them and make it a perfect stay for you in the future as well as for other guest. We are about to undergo an exciting remodel to our lobby, breakfast area recreation facility, business center and rooms. We hope that you will visit us again and allow us to serve you once again soon.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Nice hotel staff and very god amenities.....i enjoyed my stay. Looking forward to visit again. i prefer to use this type o hotel for my future business or leisure strips. but i do not like tha i must say 200 characters as my review...tis is not good to force anybody about their opinion...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a great honor to see that you were extremely satisfied with your recent stay with us. My team and I strive to make each guest feel at home. I love to leave work with a smile on my face knowing that we accomplished that goal. Please come and see us soon. We're waiting for you.
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night for business. Check in was quick and staff was friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable. Air conditioner unit was a little noisy and probably needs to be upgraded. Did not eat breakfast but breakfast area looked nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I appreciate your input about your stay and hope that you will visit us again soon. It was our pleasure to serve you and look forward to doing it again in the near future.
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The breakfast here was better than most hampton inn's and the selection was good and they had lots of teas to choose from. Rooms were dated and our popcorn ceiling was peeling off. Our room also was close to the restaurant behind and during the night I was hearing trucks pull in and out. They also have the snack bags to go which is great when heading to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and the input we received. My staff and I look at each review and work really hard to correct the issues if any and make it a better stay for each guest . Your comments are truly valued and we hope you will give us a chance to serve you in the future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked this hotel as a precruise hotel, not wanting to say in Galveston this time, this hotel fit the bill.
Easy Check in (Hilton Honors reward stay)
Room was clean and extra towels/pillows were delivered as requested. They also delivered a 'goodie bag' of cookies, chips and juice box for 'the baby'. That was a nice touch.
Towels were available at the front desk for the pool, altho it became chilly that night, so the pool was too cold for swimming, but we still put our feet in. Laundry Soap was available at the front desk and there was a guest laundry on property.
'Sleep number' beds did not seem to be working, could not get firmness (altho this my have been operator error) ;) Still a nice nights rest.
Breakfast was actually very good, nice selecctions.
Friendly, welcoming employees.
I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wharton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I plus 4 other folks stayed at this Hampton Inn the night of 9-1-2012. We were there on business and needed the use of a conference room for about 4 hours. The staff could not have been more accommodating and provided for all of our needs. The hotel was immaculately clean and fresh. The rooms were excellent. The breakfast Sunday morning in the lobby dining area was very good. I would certainly not hesitate to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: We all stayed on the third floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Houston Baytown? Share your experiences!