“Pool Closing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Baytown
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pool Closing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

If you like to relax, after a long day and dinner, in the pool. Don't count on it. Pool
Closes at 10pm and you have to get out. "City Ordinance."
The city would rather you drink and drive.
Would have wet to the lounge... However, they do not have one.
The FD Manager was very helpful. Thank you! Mexican restaurant he suggested was yummy!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Abilene, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very helpful staff; went out of their way to help us. Fair, but free breakfast--I had two daughters and 5 grandkids with me, so the breakfast was important. the swimming pool pleased my four youngest grandchildren. Decent value in a medium-range hotel. Easily accessible from the highway; it was also good for the people we were visiting in the area. . I'd stay here again (have stayed previously).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Had business in the area and chose the LaQuinta for the night. Room was nice and clean. Sink is a little oddly placed as it was right inside the door, but overall a fine layout. Parking lot was brightly lit so I was not concerned about the car.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I currently stayed at this hotel for work purposes and only stayed less than 8 hours of which 7 1/2 was spent catching up on sleep. I can't speak about many of the amenities or accommodations because I spent so little time there but the room was very clean, the check in was very fast and the hotel was very quiet. What impressed me is when I contacted the hotel to get a copy of my folio for expensing purposes. If you've ever tried getting a hotel to EMAIL or FAX a copy of receipt it's like asking for Jesus himself to hand deliver. This receipt was sent so quickly without any hassle. I called the hotel, spoke to the woman who answered the phone, Ms. Crystal Banks and she was more than helpful. I could tell that she was busy with customers at her counter but seemed to not ignore my request. She was more than pleasant, she has a sense of humor. That's a rare quality these days. After I gave her my fax number and ended the phone conversation I didn't expect the fax machine to start transmitting so quickly. Literally 3 or 4 minutes after hang up Ms Banks had sent the paperwork. Awesome.One less issue to worry about in my workday

Room Tip: Front Desk Clerk Ms Crystal Banks, Ask For Her... she gets stuff done!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Road trips during the summer are better when you stop at a LaQuinta, and your expectations are all met. My daughter, and I chose this LaQuinta in Baytown after a long day on the road. We went in not sure if LaQuinta would meet our expectations, due to a big disappointment at a location in Mississippi. The front desk clerk was friendly, and made our check-in smooth, and quick. The elevator was a bit slow, and would benefit from a maintenance check.
Our room was #420, two doors down from the elevator, we had no issues with noise, or disturbances from the other guests who might've used the elevator during the evening hours. Our double bed room was very clean, and welcoming. Beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked well, and amenities were plentiful.
With a few restaurants close by for breakfast, my daughter, and I decided to eat the complimentary breakfast in the lobby, and were very happy with our freshly made Texas shaped waffles. Check-out was equally quick, and easy, and finding our way back onto I-10 was not a problem.
The close proximity to I-10 did make for a bit of noise from the traffic, but it was nothing that disturbed a relaxing evening after a long days drive. We'd definitely stay here again if ever in the area! Loved this LQ.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Killeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was my first time at this LQ. I stayed at the 1 last year that is now a Motel 6. The prices at this 1 was a lot higher than the other LQ. The breakfast was skimpy. More utensils are needed for the items. There were on tongs for the bread. Not all of the staff is very friendly. I probably would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this La Quinta for one night during a road trip. We chose this particular hotel for its pet-friendly policy and reasonable price. We had our Icelandic Shepherd dog with us. Most hotels in the area did not accept pets, or if they did, would not allow pets over 25 lbs., or charged an extra pet fee. This La Quinta had none of those restrictions. You might think that a pet-friendly hotel would show signs of pet-related cleanliness issues or wear and tear, but, no, it was as clean and well-kept as any other hotel, or better. Also I loved the A/C system which has a continuous running fan setting; helps me sleep better vs. one that shuts on and off all night (a pet peeve of mine). Also loved the later checkout time (noon) because, being retired, we are not morning people any more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Baytown East? Share your experiences!