“Great rest.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bay City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great rest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very clean hotel. Great staff. They were very knowledgeable, and answered any questions that I had. Always with a smile. Very comfortable beds! In all of my hotel stays I have never! Slept in the bed so comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

It has been several years since I stayed at this hotel and I have to say, nothing has changed. The room was clean, comfortable and the beds are still awesome. Dependability is the name of the game. I was in town for a funeral and it was so great to get a good sleep despite all the stuff going on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed in a La Quinta year after year, sometimes as much as 25 nights or more per year.
I have never had a problem with management, the food, the accommodations or anything else you can name; my wife and I are somewhat fickle about things to boot so if there is something to complain about we surely will.
There aren't any so we haven't. Great place to stay, bring your friends, bring your pets, they are all welcome...gotta love it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Weslaco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon check-in our room had an overpowering moldy/mildew smell and was very clammy and humid. We attempted to change rooms but the two other rooms we were shown were just as bad. The front desk person told us it was due to the recent rains; this is no excuse for not de-humidifying and dealing with mold/mildew and allergen problems.

We chose to remain at La Quinta because it was the only hotel available in town with a 2 room suite and we wanted to be able to visit with family in the living room area. My mom, dad, and brother visited our room for less than one hour when we arrived; we were questioned repeatedly about the number of guests staying in our room, despite the fact that I assured the check-in front desk person that only 3 of us (my husband, our child, and myself) would be staying. There was no indication that we were going to be throwing some sort of raging party in our room (a small family and a couple of briefly visiting grandparents certainly aren't the usual suspects I would think). They even called the room to inquire again after asking us twice in person as we were bringing in our luggage! The repeated questioning was ridiculous.

I typically stay at La Quintas when I travel because in the past I have received consistent and friendly service. I'm disappointed that this was not the case during my most recent stay.

I have also provided this feedback directly to La Quinta, so maybe they'll address these problems...until then there are other better choices in town.

• Stayed October 2013
Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend to anybody! Hotel is clean and rates are very good. Staff are very friendly as well and assisted us in resolving some issues we had with checking into our rooms! Will be going back this weekend!

• Stayed September 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is worth the stay. Nice, clean, big breakfast, allows dogs and has bags for pickup... All of the amenities. We will definately stay here with our boys again (lab and papillion). Everyone there seemed to respect the dog area which is a nice grassy area with bags and trash cans for convenience. The front desk gentleman in the morning was cleaning the front lobby and asked for our opinions of the place. He was a good listener and host. He invited us back and promised to continue making our stay there pleasurable. Rarely do we have that much attention from the front desk staff so I wish that I had gotten his name. I do think he may have been a manager.

Room Tip: Get an executive King.