“Good place to eat” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 92 Restaurants in Bastrop
Elgin, Texas
“Good place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Good value for the money. Food is good and so is the service. Family members can always find something they like to eat.

• Visited February 2013

Austin, Texas
“Casual diner fare, service not stellar for a visitor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This quaint little diner style restaurant in Bastrop seems to be good value for the money. After we were somewhat rushed to place our order from an inattentive waitress who wasn't taking time to explain the menu options well, I was left hoping that the food would be better than the service. Thankfully, it was and the meal closed out OK.

I've been to this grill about three times in my life, so understanding the "Lunch Line" may take more explaining from the wait staff. I still don;t know if it was a buffet line or simply a lunch portion serving for a dollar or so less than the lunch menu. One of my sons ordered enchiladas and was asked if he wanted onions or not. There was no discussion about what the enchiladas contained or if there was even a choice (the menu did not specify either). The plate arrived with three cheese enchiladas on the plate covered with a meat sauce and at least a whole cup of melted shredded cheese on top. Seems like a lot of cheese overkill and possibly a bit pricey considering there wasn't much meat in the dish.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“I do not dislike this restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Every time I have eaten here the food is decent. I can't think of a time that I didn't like the food. No complaints.

College Station, TX
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I usually stop here for a break while driving to Austin from Brazos County. I enjoy their hamburger steak a lot. The service is hit or miss and it is outdated, but it reminds me of many a road side cafe that we stopped at when I was a kid.

It's got a convenient location and although it isn't fancy, you get lots of food. I almost always have the hamburger steak so I can't comment on the other dishes.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cedar Creek, Texas
“Wow - Good Reviews?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Anybody that gives Texas Grill a high rating is either employed there and can't find work anywhere else or they own it; or they've never been to a decent restaurant. My last time there was indeed my last time there. The one star reviews on here are dead on - it was the last place in town where the waitresses stopped smoking as they served your food. On the plus side, at 2 AM you can get eggs and bacon - but be very careful about eating them.....

• Visited November 2011