“Our "Go To" for a excellent meal Downtown.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Houston
“Our "Go To" for a excellent meal Downtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We love a good steak….filet, not wrapped in bacon…just cooked to perfection, seasoned lightly and served as ordered, in our case, medium rare and Baxters on Main delivers!
A roomy place in historic downtown, Baxters has never let us down. Exposed brick walls on the interior gives a great feel…not stuffy at all but warm and welcoming.
They have a decent wine list and the menu will leave you hard pressed to choose!
We have also come for lunch and had a very decent burger!
As a local, I would encourage visitors to Bastrop to try Baxters on Main to see and sample some of the best Bastrop has to offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Marietta, Georgia
“Great steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The filet and baked potato were both outstanding, far better than you might expect in this tiny town. Our server (Jessica?) was sweet and efficient.

Visited January 2014
Bastrop, Texas
“Just Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I decided to "treat" my husband to a nice dinner & hoped I could swing a reservation for 5:30 p.m. on New Yr's Eve. Baxter's on Main said yes and from there it worked out perfectly. So nice to have a Top Notch, reliably excellent dining experience in our community of Bastrop, Texas

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas, United States
“Excellent Food, Superb Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

FOOD: Excellent SERVICE: Superb!

We've been to Baxters 4 times now and will be returning regularly.

Baxters is located in a rustic downtown building and also has outdoor seating. The restaurant is open and comfortable. You feel comfortable eating at Baxters whether you are wearing shorts or more formal attire. There is also a bar in the restaurant if you want to watch the game and have some popcorn and enjoy a very friendly, comfortable bunch of people.

The first time we went for dinner. Our waitress was excellent and very friendly, helping us choose a dish. My husband and I shared a chicken fried stead with baked potatoes. We have never had a chicken fried steak done like this one and we were surprised that we really liked it! The coating on the steak was more like a beer batter than the typical dredged type coating one would expect and worked really well! The steak was tender and the potatoes were very good.

The next three times we went for brunch on Sunday after church and were very pleased. There is an interesting brunch menu which allows for anything from typical breakfast foods to seafood and burgers.

My husband enjoys the Baxter Blitz--a couple of eggs done to your choice, choice of bacon, ham or sausage, country potatoes and toast.

I have had the biscuit with the gravy, then egg done to your liking, bacon, ham or sausage all stacked up and ready to dig in. Very good!

The last two times that I have been there, I have had the lemon french toast with blueberries, choice of meat and egg.

The servers are always very friendly and we leave there with a smile having had an excellent meal and superb service.

We will return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pflugerville, Texas
“catering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Terri and Chef Preston provided us with wonderful food,excellent service and the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at my daughter's wedding this weekend. Terri was so great,so easy to work with,she even calmed me down and assured me they would be there even in the inclement weather! The prices were so reasonable and the food so delicious, I would recommend their catering to anyone (and I have). So many compliments on the quality of the food and friendly staff. Thank you Baxters!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food