“Jordan” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bandera, Texas
“Jordan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The food is very good. Is your typical Chinese food, but not fast food. The prices are a little high. We mostly order to go, but have used the restaurant on occasion. It is never completely full, but maybe it is because of the time of evening that we go. But if you want Chinese food in Bandera, go here, you will like it..

Visited November 2013

Bandera
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We've always enjoyed the food, not 5-star but good. The service is speedy & pleasant. The atmosphere is bland & could use an upgrade. The shrimp toast is my favorite. The wine is priced to high for what they are offering.

Visited February 2014
Bandera, Texas, USA
“Terrible Manager!Blayne is the best wait staff ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Blayne our food server went above and beyond, cant say enoigh wonderful thingsabout how courteous and professional he was. However...the Manager is a different story. When I inquired about the volume of the music (too loud) she just replied "Whats wrong witb it?" It just got worse from there. I tried to shed a positive lght by complimenting her wait staff "Blayne". She simply said "Ok" not thank you or anything! Very unprofessional, she seemed annoyed by the compliment and the request to turn down the music.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Ridiculously small lunch plate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

While the flavor of the food was fine, the serving size of the lunch plate was ridiculous. I had the Mongolian beef with fried rice and there couldn't have been more than half a cup of each, there was just barely enough food to cover the plate. The won-ton soup had about a cup of broth with one won-ton. What the China Bowl serves as egg rolls are actually small spring rolls. While I was paying the bill my server asked me how was lunch and I responded that I did not get enough to eat, she replied "Really", no apology, no offer to make it right, nothing, if I had known she could care less that I was unsatisfied before I checked out I wouldn't have left a $2.00 tip on the table. Of all the Chinese restaurants I have been to across the U.S., the China Bowl in Bandera TX comes in NUMBER 1 for skimpiest portions. I always steer clear of restaurants with greedy management that pinches pennies on the serving size because you never know where else they might be cutting corners and it is a big red flag that they do not value their customers. I also refuse to return to a restaurant where they ask you how was your meal then do nothing to make it right after you honestly inform them it was unsatisfactory.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

loved the food and the service is good. nice air-conditioned restaurant and friendly staff, very reasonably priced

Visited October 2013