“Great BBQ with Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Medina, Texas
“Great BBQ with Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I travel through Bandera 5 days a week for work. I like to pick up a BBQ plate or sandwich when I can. I am not a fan of potato salad - but I get the Busbee's potato salad every time. It is the best I have ever tasted. Same for the peach cobbler. Save room and get it with ice cream.

Kids will be happy with the ham steak kids meal. My daughter stopped in with me twice and loved the ham and corn-on-the-cob kids meal.

Great meal - a bit pricey - but pretty much worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Guelph, Canada
“Authentic BBQ, with absolutely no pretense!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Great, authentic, BBQ. Walk in, look at the boards by the cashier, order your food, and go sit at a table. Food is then brought to you by a friendly server. The decor is country & western with a rough edge. Tables and chairs are a mish mash of old and worn out stuff. But seats along the window are plentiful and make for some fun viewing of Bandera's main drag.

While the use of styrofoam and paper plates is discouraging -- real plates would make the meal so much more appetizing -- the food is still superb. Stale Wonderbread type slices of bread are a silly side to what is otherwise good, home-cooked food. My wife had the 1/4 chicken, and I opted for beef brisket, which was great. The sauce, while a little harsh, was good. Beans and coleslaw made great sides -- both were delicious. Pickles are thrown on the plates along with some raw onion slices -- and are a surprisingly good addition to the meals.

Take out is available and might be a better option considering the pure lack of ambiance in the restaurant itself!

Value was average -- lunch for two, with iced tea, came to about $17, tip not included.

San Antonio, Tx.
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

These folks cater a campout we have every year. I wouldn't get my food anywhere else. The meat is lean and well cooked. The salads are equally tasty. We also eat there whenever we have a ride up that way. Bandera Texas is lucky to have them!

Long Island
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

We're Yanks who came to Texas for some good BBQ. We found it at Busbee's.Portions were large and very good. We took it back to condo with us and had a great meal. Would recommend.

Los Angeles, California
“Real Texas BBQ in the "Cowboy Capitol" of Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2005

After a great morning's ride in the hills around Bandera (the "cowboy capitol" of Texas), I was in need of some re-fueling before my drive back to San Antonio. The main street of this charming burg had many offerings, but the scents from this spot sold me even before I tried the food. BBQ is the main attraction here---with beef, sausage, ribs, ham and chicken in the starring role. Sausage and fries were just what I needed and were absolutely delicious, served by a friendly waitress who was happy to talk about the area with me as well. There are burgers, sandwiches, salads and plenty of good sides (I had a sample of the borracho beans---yummy!) on the menu too, but save room for the homemade pecan pie or peach cobbler! The prices are reasonable, the atmosphere (red check table cloths, ranch style decor) is authentic without trying to be. It was the day before Thanksgiving, so the place was packed with locals, their extended families and tourists, all digging into fine BBQ. I'll return when I am back in Texas!