“What's a Beautiful Ranch !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Cortez

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandera
Rancho Cortez
You added Rancho Cortez to your Saves list
872 Hay Hollar Rd, Bandera, TX 78003   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Casalpusterlengo, Italy
“What's a Beautiful Ranch !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I'm spent my holiday with my family in the Rancho Cortez, Bandera, Texas and was a very beautiful Surprise !!!
first of All, I booked the holiday with Cheryl, very kind employ who token carefully alld etails of our trip. the Ranch is simple fantastic !!!
More then 40 horses, in the beautiful green hill of Bandera. the ranchis very clean, the employ kind and friendly.
room and bukhouse are very simple and we loved so much these days.
Cowboy Larry, the owner is a gentlemen, he take care of horse lesson with my daughter,she learn for the first time the American style. Cowboy Tayler ,Bill and Dallas is a great men, real cowboy and friend, they working all day to give very high level of service and make all possible to give us a fantastic holiday., The evening, after the dinner around the campfire was a real western emotion for us that was the first time in texas. My daughter cryed so much when we left the Ranch.
We have this Ranch, Cheryl,Larry, Tayler, Bill, Dallas in our heart, they are the real face of Texas ,the best Ranch, surely we will come back again!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Steyning
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Visited Rancho Cortez with my family from the UK and Houston and had an amazing time. Larry, Tyler and Easton couldn't do enough for us and although I was very apprehensive before my first ride I needn't have worried. It was an experience I wouldn't have missed for anything. Some say the accomodation is basic but I was entirely satisfied, it was clean and comfortable and the food cooked by a very pleasant chef was good.
Feeding the Longhorns, the hay cart ride, the swimming pool and all the other guests were a delight not to mention the toasted marshmallows at night.
Every time I visit my son in Houston I shall also visit Rancho Cortez.
I may even buy the boots and the hat!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tamarindo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been to Rancho Cortez two times in the last six months. The first being a girls weekend with another girlfriend and I. The second time was celebrating her birthday with 13 girls. All I can say is thank you and we had a fabulous time!

They have cabins to meet any need (we had a large group and fit into one main cabin and one smaller) which had a full kitchen and perfect for a family to come. There is a ton to do with hay rides, campfire w/s'mores, feeding the long horns, trail rides, etc. There is two pools, a hot tub, and a game room to boot. What I LOVE is that amenities are included in your rate and are only added on as an addition if you want to do (like 5 trail rides in stead of 2). Also included in their rate is three square meals a day.

Larry, the Ranch owner, is on hand to make sure everyone is having a good time, everything runs smoothly, and he is a fabulous campfire storyteller. Go to this Ranch! Rates start as low as $99/pp per night (2 night minimum)...no ranch has value and fun like this!

Ask for Cheryl-whe is fabulous when booking!

Room Tip: All rooms are essentially small duplex-cabins. Can't go wrong!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Miri, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived at Rancho Cortez on a Friday afternoon and spent 2 nights here. Accomodation was clean and bright with airco in the room and amenities in the bathroom. The space was large enough for my family (three 5 year olds plus me and my husband) with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.

The best thing about the farm is the people there and the activities. There are LOADS of things to do, from learning how to rope to riding out, listening to stories by the campfire and playing with the dogs that they have. Food is ok, maybe a little basic and portions are not that big. I would love a proper barbeque / some bacon at breakfast. The private riding lessons are superb and I would come back for that. The hourly rides out are walking only so if you re an experienced riding this might be a little bit boring. They provide helmets upon request.

If you like luxury, don't go there. If you like outdoor life, and letting your kids roam around and play in their playground/pool, poke around with a stick in their hands and help feed the animals, go! You can bring your own alcoholic beverages and snacks - food is communal and three times a day (they ring a bell!).

Loved it, would come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter (11) and I stayed 3 days over spring break 2013. We fell in love with this place. We hadn't even finished checking in when we were invited on our first trail ride. All meals are served family style and the food was good. Our room/cabin looked very new and clean. The spotlight of Rancho Cortez is definitely the people. The staff was wonderful and welcomed us in like family. Cowboy Larry and Bill were entertaining with their jokes and stories and ensured everyone had a great time. Tyler was so patient with the children who were helping care for the horses. Every day was filled with trail rides, hay wagon rides, feeding the longhorns, roping lessons, relaxing around the arena in the afternoon, dances after dinner and campfires every night accompanied by scary stores and sing alongs. Our last night at the ranch, my daughter begged me to return soon and told me it was better than a week at Disneyworld.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Best parts:

-morning ride in a small group
-1:1 roping lesson
-making sure every child who wanted to got a chance to throw, steer the wagon, feed a horse, etc did
-make-your-own salad at lunch and dinner, BBQ at night
-Dallas was very patient and encouraging with the kids
-beautiful scenery
-nice blend of activities vs do your own thing (go for a swim, practice roping, go for a walk)
-climbing the tree near the corral
-feeling of accomplishment kids got from learning new skills
-humor and encouragement
-storytelling and song by the fire

The lady in the business office explained their philosphy as, "You can only be as happy as your least happy child. If the kids have fun and don't want to leave, we've done a good job."

Not for everyone:
-sometimes macho style of encouragement ("Baby, you're throwing like a girl!")
-some of the tag games were a bit rough

Hints:
Don't take yourself too seriously.
Come for at least a half day so you can see the ranch in different light and a wider range of activities.
Consider gloves for the morning ride on colder days.
Bring a snack for the afternoon. Lunch is at noon, supper at 6.
Consider staying over so you can relax and enjoy the campfire (and avoid driving at night with all the deer - we saw >20 between the ranch and Bandera)

Santa Fe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family stayed at Ranch Cortez for 3 nights during the spring break week. My kids, nine and six, loved it! We rode horses, went on hayrides, cleaned horse stalls and ate like kings! We left our room every morning at 8:00 AM and returned every night exhausted after a campfire filled with gooey smores. I haven't been that relaxed in ages. My husband and I watched as the kids got to be kids and enjoy life! The cowboys were great with kids and let them be a part of whatever was going on. My daughter now wants to go there for horse camp. If you have kids and want to spend time with them and enjoy a relaxing vacation, this is where I would go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rancho Cortez? Share your experiences!