“Best Italian food around banderA!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 30 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: Italian
Bandera, Texas
“Best Italian food around banderA!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Was so glad to Stop in and try this place! The Alfredo is awesome and his homemade cheesecakes are to die for! The blackberry was my favourite! Definitely be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“If you fancy a change from all the BBQ then go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

So me and my girlfriend came all the way to tour Texas for 2 weeks and we ended up in Bandera for 3 days. We did the usual tourist restaurants and hit up all the BBQ restaurants but being European we were just dying for some sort of pasta dish to ease ourselves up a bit after a week of solid BBQ. Well, we were so glad we did as we ended up in this awesome little restaurant with fantastic service and a homely feel.
I went for the meatballs and I had them spicy. You could tell the meat was really fresh as Johnny took his time bringing it out to us and I've never tasted a sauce so unique since I was on holiday in Italy. We couldn't resist dessert either although it was a while back so I can't remember what we had besides the fact it was homemade and a really good sized portion.
Rounded up with 5-10 minutes of conversation from the awesome owners we were happy and glad we came down to Johnny's Pasta House.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Maybe a bad night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I hate to write this review as I'm pretty sure this is operated by a person passionate about cooking and being entrepreneurial. However, this was a really poor meal. We paid $45 dollars not including tip for 3 people that ate one of the three orders placed. My wife didn't eat her shrimp scampi and my daughter hardly touched her alfredo. None of our orders appeared to be seasoned with any salt including the pasta. The sauce was flavorless on my pasta. it was the same for my wife's and daughters orders. Aside from the lack of salt the flavor of the marinara was, to say the least, strange. While there were some Italian seasonings the tomato base was not made with fresh tomato's. It was a dark red, almost maroon color with very little flavor. Maybe heaping portions of tomato paste? I wish him the best but I think he'll have to improve quickly to make a go of it. We wound up eating a second dinner down the street at another local establishment.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“A nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and kids and in-laws came to Bandera for a family weekend and were happy to find this restaurant open to feeding 7 hungry people so close to closing time. Everyone ordered a delicious pasta meal and really enjoyed the homemade pasta sauce....tasty and authentic. The owner, Johnny, was so friendly and engaging. His description of how he makes his cheesecake from scratch had us all anticipating dessert. Strawberry and blackberry cheesecake....so good! We will be back to dine when in Bandera again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“The best small restaurant in Bandera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I were afraid to eat here because of a review we read. It turns out this was really a great place to eat; the food was amazing, the staff super nice and the restrooms very clean. Since we had out first experience we have travelled from San Antonio twice more just to eat there. John (the owner) is a very nice guy and takes the time to cater his customers. Simply love it.

• Visited November 2012