“Disgusting very disappointing!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balch Springs
Marshall, Texas
“Disgusting very disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Have stayed in several La Quintas before this was by far the worst. Very dirty dead crickets lined along the walls, smelly carpet, bed covers torn and worn not to mention the cigarette burns in a "non-smoking" room. Tried to rest in spite of for our cousin to call our room to say they we're awaken by something creepy crawling on them turned on the light and there was a roach on the pillow. This place even advertises continental breakfast which doesn't exist there was only waffles and as dirty, smelly, and disgusting as this place is who would want to eat it. I never write reviews but felt this needed to be said please be wise before you book. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly but that doesn't make up for he fact that this place is a dump and in need of a SERIOUS reno!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our second stay for the month of January. Our first stay was pleasant. The second stay on the 19th., was not pleasant at all. The people who came around 10:00 p.m. that night was horrible. They were loud, and sounded as if they were moving the furniture around. They were going in and out of they're room all night. I finally called the front desk, and the lady came immediately. After she left the noise started again. I called the front desk again; and she informed me they were ask to leave this was around 12:53 a.m. They continually made noise until they left.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I can only presume that neither customer courtesy nor sanctification are a priority when it comes to non white customers. Even though, the motel was virtually empty the advertized rate was not available when I asked for it. Proceeding to get a room, after being on the road for two days w/o sleep, they put me in one of the worst rooms they had despite the hotel being empty. It was one with a shared door to the next room which I could head every whisper in the next room. When I asked for a quiet room the guy showed me a worse room next to the elevator (figuring I would realize how great I had it with the poor construction of my previous room). When he told me me I could complaint to the manager the next day, I asked for my money back. The clerk told me I should have made the complaint before the I used the room - (and before the other guests were assigned the room next to mine,) and that he was not going to give me back my money. Finally he showed me to a room which was quiet.

Room Tip: are all La Quinta of poor construction and courtesy?
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Balch Springs hotels

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after driving from Tucson... We were exhausted! Customer service was EXCELLENT and really helped make our stay. The lady at the front desk on 11/22 went above and beyond to help us make sure we were set for our drive back to Georgia today. The hotel looks like it has been remodeled and our room was clean but had a faint smell of cigarette smoke, although the room was non smoking. There was a free continental breakfast that was pretty standard of all hotels, waffle maker included. It was an awesome value and I'm glad we stayed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Palestine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Don't bother drive to Terrell dirty,smelly thank god only one night, ask for a quiet room could see full of teens, they put me next to stairwell so what did I hear the door slamming so the girls could sneak up to meet the boys after it went on till 11PM ,I caught the girls and said I"m calling the police.It stopped.WI fi sucked

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Balch Springs? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Balch Springs

Address: 12875 Seagoville Road, Balch Springs, TX 75180
Location: United States > Texas > Balch Springs
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balch Springs
Hotel Class:2 star — La Quinta Inn Balch Springs 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn Balch Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Balch Springs
Balch Springs La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn Balch Springs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.