“Boat Rentals” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 6 Attractions in Winchester
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: For watersport equipment rentals, this shop is the best.
19 attraction reviews
“Boat Rentals”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We have a ski boat based at Tims Ford Marina. For my birthday we had plans to spend the day on the lake, but out boat was down for maintenance. Therefore, we rented a pontoon. They were kind and gave a discount for being based there. The boat was disgusting. I asked about it and they said "we cleaned it up." It really was pathetic. So bad that we pulled it around to our slip and spent the next hour cleaning it to an acceptable level even for a rental. The floor was horrible. I used a cleaner and washed it. The seats were soiled with sticky stuff and we cleaned it all up. It looked much better when we returned it. I took photos and asked for a manager but "no one was there." I wrote an email to them the next day and never received a reply. Horrible rental service. I now avoid even buying fuel or snacks from them.

Winchester, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
“Launch and snack at the same time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Marina has only one launch ramp, but many people just wait in a queue, then park at one of the many spaces. The restaurant has all the food you might need for a day on the lake. But the hand-dipped ice cream is the best with flavors that rival Baskin Robbins. It is a laid-back place, and the speed limit is only 15 mph until you leave the area--with gas is available at boat dock. But please, be courteous and use "no-wake" speed when entering the different coves--there are people swimming and playing at their property in these coves.

Visited August 2013
Winchester, Tennessee, United States
“Tim's Ford Lake and Tim's' Ford Marina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've lived in neighboring Winchester, TN four years and recently retired. I grew up on TVA lakes in East Tennessee so knew pretty much what I was in for in terms of all the recreational aspects of these well-monitored lakes. Sadly, Tim's Ford Lake is under served in terms of full-service lake marina's, but after becoming acclimated to all the possibilities I've settled on Tim's Ford Marina for on-water boat dockage. This facility has all the amenities including cabins, RV camp ground, showers and laundry, restaurant, mini-store, fuel, and huge docking space for houseboats to dinghy's. The staff is friendly and helpful. Live, outdoor entertainment on the restaurant patio on the weekends is a good way to top off a fun day of boating on the lake.

Visited April 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
“Nice Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Rented a one-bedroom cabin off season (late March). Price was reasonable. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We found a used coffee filter still in the coffee pot which makes you wonder about other things. Place smelled clean. Bed linen looked okay. Bathroom appeared to be clean. Check in/out was painless. Breakfast at the marina was average but convenient. There was no other (decent) place to eat anywhere within 30 minutes so bring groceries. Close to Lynchburg and Jack Daniels tour. Nice 2-day getaway. Summer time would be better, rent a pontoon, fish or relax.

Visited March 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfect or Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I were there March 14th-16th for a family reunion. The rates were reasonable and we were there in time for the last of the winter discount). We had four cabins. The drive there was okay, but the driveway at night was horrid. My daughter was very frightened when she arrived Friday night. There is no lighting to show the paths and it looks as if you are going straight into the water. Can I suggest at least lighting the pathways to the cabins and/or rv sites and filling in some of the entrances to the cabins? Other than that we had a wonderful family gathering and we are planning to return. We did not use the grill/picnic table area. We had other plans, but the the grill/tables were on a slope and we would not have been comfortable or safe. We ate at Reggie's in Winchester for our family meal on Saturday. That was awesome. My brother and his wife ate there on Friday because another place was closed. That turned out to be owned by Reggie who is the son of a lady whose sister was married to our father's brother. How awesome is that for God's timing and arranging things? The food was awesome. The atmosphere was great. Praise God for get-away-reunions. This was good!!!!!!!!

Visited March 2014