“Don't expect to receive reserved room” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in White House
Etown, Ky
“Don't expect to receive reserved room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I reserved a room for this hotel on April 13th. I reserved the 2 queen bed with Jacuzzi suite to check in on April 25th as we were attending a soccer tournament. I knew this hotel did not have a pool but also knew the Jacuzzi was fine for my daughter. After her first game we attempted to check into the hotel only to find out that the staff at this hotel allowed other guests to extend their stay in this room even though we had a reservation for the room. At this point the desk clerk informed me that they could put us in a King bed suite with a pull out sofa and a discounted rate but no Jacuzzi. I decided to wait to check in to see if I could find a different hotel as my excited daughter was now very upset. I even went as far as calling Guest relations at IHG but of course that was just as worthless as talking to the front desk. Unfortunately we were not able to find a hotel room close by that was reasonably priced so we ended up stuck at this hotel. We finally checked in at about 9:30 to find that $20 was knocked off the rate we were supposed to pay for the Jacuzzi room. Upon getting in the room we headed to wash my daughter’s uniforms and then relax. Relaxing was not to happen as housekeeping failed to properly do their job. My 12 year old daughter noticed a huge Crown Royal bottle with liquid still in it between the leg of the desk and the desk chair. I was going to just let it go and wait until morning to say anything until my 12 year old decided she was going to take a shower and found the tub was still dirty. There was the cover of a razor in the tub as well as leftover water and dirt. I immediately called the front desk and had them come to my room to see this. At that point I really wanted to just leave but again we were stuck. The clerk that came up was nice and cleaned the tub then knocked some money off the room. I ended up sharing the King bed with my 12 year old as I was not even sure the bedding for the sofa bed was clean as it was just thrown in the bag in the closet. In the morning, after my daughter’s first soccer game, we came back to the room so she could relax and take a shower. Again, that did not happen because this time there was absolutely no hot water. This hotel was a total nightmare. There are other hotels just up the road that you would be better off staying at. I can say I will never recommend this hotel and I am not even sure I will stay in a Holiday Inn or other IHG chain hotel after this experience. I feel like they allowed the other guests to stay in the room because they were paying more money than my reservation was for.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
jvhospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express White House, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First of all I would like to personally apologize to you for your experience. I assure you that this is not our normality at our hotel. I will make sure you are compensated for your inconvenience. I know you received some but I would like to call you and make things right.
I have spoken with our front desk, and housekeeping. I hope this will not keep you from coming back and giving us another try.
When a guest calls down to extend and the room is scheduled for a incoming guest (your family), we ask that guest if they would be kind enough to move and if they don't want to we cant make them. We do try to do all we can to make sure you have as close to the room type that you reserved.
Again, I do apologize.
Kathy Pugh, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
kalamazoo, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

Pulled in after driving through snow storm, grateful for a warm, clean room, which was quite large. Front desk clerk (Kiran?), very friendly, we were glad she made it to work that day. Free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
jvhospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express White House, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Hello Gracemacgill, thanks for your nice comments! We hope you stop here again! We do appreciate your business and hope you made it home safely. I know you could have stopped anywhere on our street, but we are glad you picked us! Kiran also said thank you.
Hope to see you again,
Kathy Pugh, GM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

I stayed in this hotel last night for Valentine's day. Check in was nice but they only have one entrance but parking all around the building... so my husband and I were inconvenienced with that. My bathroom in the room had a stained tub with hair in it and hair in the sink. The bathroom mirror was also dirty along with finger prints on the head board and night stands. I informed the front desk and they just took off 15.00 and handed me towels..I guess to go clean the room myself. Don't waste your money I will not be going back here ever again!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
jvhospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express White House, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
First of all, I would like to apologize for your stay at our hotel on Valentines Day! As we do appreciate your choosing our hotel I want to personally apologize for the Front Desk actions. I have spoken with them and we do hope you will give us another try next time you are passing through.
Again, we do apologize and hope to see you again!
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I arrived after a 12-hr drive from Florida on the coldest day in January so was grateful for a warm welcome and amenities. Pretty much standard HI fare though the desk staff have leeway on rates, and gave me a half decent rate, but only after I refused to pay the requested rack-rate and prepared to walk-out. Room was modern, comfortable and clean. Breakfast only started at 7 and I needed to be on the road by 6, so it was good that some items of F&B were available in the fridges and coffee machines 24/7.

It ticks all the boxes... but so do 10,000 other places these days.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
jvhospitality, Manager at Holiday Inn Express White House, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Thank you for your recent stay with our hotel. Like you mentioned, we know you have many choices in lodging when you travel and we are glad you choose us. We hope to see you again on your travels back to our area.

Thanks,
Jay
Villa Hills Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida. Everything at this location was great with the exception of the parking lot. It doesn't wrap around the building but you can't tell that until you have driven from the front entrance to find a parking spot. Then you have to turnaround in a tight space and go the other direction. This is a minor negative in a hotel full of positives. Also, I need to explain that do the the closeness of other properties, this situation is unavoidable.

• Stayed January 2015
Thank you for staying with us! We do appreciate your business. As far as the "No thur Traffic", we are trying to get a sign that will reflect that and hopefully give the guest a heads up before they try to circle around the hotel.
We loved having you here and hope that you will stay with us the next time you come our way.
Thank you for your nice comments.
Clarksburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

This appeared to be a pretty new hotel. Front lobby is very nice and welcoming with a water feature and a "fireplace". We stopped here on our way home from Texas as we had just grown tired of driving. No problem getting a room. They did honor a military discount. Rooms were fresh and clean and the beds were very comfortable! The complimentary breakfast was VERY good with both hot and cold items and lots to choose from. Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you for your nice review. We were recently remodeled and so glad you thought it was new! We must have done it right! I would like to take this opportunity to THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!
We hope you come back and see us again!
Have a great day,
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

Easy on /off of highway. Seemed to be a newer hotel, outside grounds were well kept indoor lobby was clean and friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean as were the bed and pillows. Good selection of tv stations. Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of hot items. Breakfast area was perfect. Fitness room with 2 treadmills, stationary bike, pool weather permitting-I think the hot tub is closed. Near shopping area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments. We are so glad you chose to stay with us. As we know you could have picked any other hotel, but you pick us. So glad we pleased you during your stay. We are very close to a lot of restaurant's and places to shop.
Please come see us again!
Kathy

Been to Holiday Inn Express White House? Share your experiences!