“Bugs!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in White House
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

There were dead bugs all over the room! I'm making sure that people are warned not to stay here. After this experience I don't think I'll stay in a choice brand hotel again. I can't believe I made my mother stay here to but it was late and we had to stay somewhere.

• Stayed August 2013

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were on our way back from Georgia and very tired from driving. We had our dogs with us and this is a pet friendly hotel (which sometimes is very difficult to find). The price of the rooms was very fair, although they do charge extra for each pet and there is a limit of 2 pets per room, so we had to rent 2 rooms for the night(although we did not mind). They did give us a military & aarp discount which was very nice. The rooms were extremely clean & very nice and the air conditioning worked well. There was also a continental breakfast in the morning which was very good and had alot of choices. They also have a very nice outdoor pool to use. The two things they could probably use in the rooms are a small refrigerator and a microwave. The surrounding area was acceptable and reasonably quiet. The lady at the front desk was very nice to us and helpful too as were the cleaning staff we saw in the morning. All in all, I would say this is a great place to spend the night.

Room Tip: For a good nights sleep, ask for a room towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is very conveniently located near Nashville. We were on our way home from Florida and needed a half way area to sleep. We arrived pretty late in the evening and luckily they had a room available. Check inn went smooth and fast. The room was clean and comfortable. In the morning they had a free breakfast which was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
besticemom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to a spring break vacation in Florida. It is conveniently located just off I65 and is just on the outskirts of Nashville. Unlike other reviews, we found this hotel to be very clean. We had a wonderful clerk at check-in who was very overwhelmed at the huge influx of people seeking refuge from the bumper-to-bumper traffic headed south for spring break (we had a reservation I'd placed a few days before). She handled it quite smoothly, professionally, and was very friendly in the process. She did comment that the hotel is rarely sold out, which it was on the night of our stay. We found the room to be clean, comfortable and in good shape. It did lack a bathroom fan sufficient enough to clear out the steam created from showers, but that is common in many hotels (unfortunately). We had a great breakfast experience. It was fully stocked with a great variety of items (both hot and cold) and there was an attendant who constantly refilled things that needed attention. The tables were not cleaned quickly enough so we had to clean our own before we ate, but other than that breakfast was a good experience. Our only unpleasant experience involved children playing in the business center when we went to use it immediately after check-in and a very rude clerk at check-out. We were told the children were family of the owner and that the rude clerk was also owner and/or family of the owner. Children should not be playing and fulling occupying the business center when guests need to use it and the clerk at check-out was unwilling to answer my question or even look up as I tried to talk with her. She was very rude, uninterested in helping me, and even seemed irritated that I even was trying to ask her a question. It was unfortunate that this was our last interaction with an otherwise good experience. It it hadn't been for the very friendly clerk at check-in and the great breakfast attendant, I'd rate this hotel terrible at service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place is just outside the Nashville city limits. On the outside it looks clean and inviting..as have many of the Comfort Inns I have stated at recently. It sits next to the highway and in front of a Taco Bell....should have known from that. Noise of Taco Bell was enough to make you keep you air unit on high to abate the noise. Beds were comfortable enough, as they always are when you are tired. Limited area for washing up and plugging in cords. I would not shower there due to several things - 1. Shower head needed to be replaced from years of calcium buildup. 2. Tub had come away from the wall and top part of one piece assembly in front and back side. 3. Vent to remove hot air or smells was so clogged with lint, etc....that it was very nasty to even look at. I would not stay here if given the chance again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these White House hotels

Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Traveling with my husband's 6 sisters, we stopped here on our way back home after a sisters' getaway in Florida. We phoned ahead and asked questions about the property, and checked reviews to be sure we were getting a nice place to sleep for the night. Uunfortunately, it did not help us much.
Arriving at 12:30 am after pushing ourselves to make it to this property, we checked in and got our room keys. Even late at night I could see the rooms were not to the standards that I am used to from Choice Hotel properties. Rooms were bare-bones basic; carpets were old and worn, and the Pepto-pink bathroom doors were simply hideous!! I do not usually make note of paint choices, as this is a matter of taste. However, these doors were almost enought to make you need a dose of Pepto!!
The beds were comfortable, but the blankets/spreads were not. They were very heavy and coarse to the touch. I tossed mine and opted to use only the sheet. Amenities were lacking; 2-drawer dresser (if you can call it a dresser - it was more of a tv stand with 2 drawers), no MW or Fridge, the usual small sink area, very tight bathroom; shower head was old and not really working as it should. The biggest issue with the room was the flip-latch that is supposed to keep people out of your room. It looked as if someone had tried to kick the door in and the latch was broken at its base where it was screwed into the door. I did not feel as secure in the room as I would have with an intact latch.
Our biggest issue was with the continental breakfast. It had to be the worst one I have seen in a long time, even worse than the one we encountered on our trip down to Florida!
The first person in our party to go down for breakfast arrived about 15 minutes before anyone else. She ended up having to make a couple of toast for lack of anything else that seemed edible. I was the next to arrive. I was pretty shoched at the lack of food. I found 1 rotten banana, 4 oranges, 3 apples, 3 mini-muffins, 3 bagels, 1 pastry, a few slices of bread, a bit of waffle mix, and an empty steamer. There were other guests which came in and out looking for something to eat. Many walked out without eating. While we were there, a man was sitting in the room as well. We presumed he was a guest waiting for some food to be put into the steamer. We waited for the same. As others from our party came in to eat, we were commenting on the lack of food and the empty steamer. Finally, the man got up and pulled 4 sausage patties and 4 egg patties out of a refrigerator, and put them in the steamer. We looked with amazement as we realized this man sat there the entire time, watching people hunt for food, and all the while, he was supposed to be tending the breakfast. After picking our jaws up off the floor, we went to get some food. The eggs and sausage were frozen!!! The man never restocked any other food while we were there. Other guests came in and we told them the food was frozen. No one could believe how bad this was. At the time he put the 4/4 combo into the steamer, there were about 10 people in the breakfast room looking for food. So even if the food he put out had been edible, only 4 people would have been able to eat. The worst thing about it was, the man at the desk heard everything that was being said and saw what was going on (I saw him watching what was happening) and still, he did nothing to recify the situation.
I have filed a formal complaint with Choice Hotels over this stay, something I have NEVER done before. This was so over-the-top rude and disrespectful towards the hotel's guests, that I felt compelled to file the complaint.
It really is a shame that a hotel would be run with such disregard for its guests.
Never again will I stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My family stays at this motel at least twice a year when visiting relatives. The rooms have always been clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. I would recommend this motel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!