It is simply not possible to relate the "lousy service, lousy food" reviews to my experiences at Blackberry. I have been there with my wife on several occasions and with my children and grandchildren on one. In every instance, Blackberry has set the standard for cheerful excellence in service. In all our travels (I am 70), we have not found any facility that approaches this resort's warm, welcoming atmosphere and determination to make every stay as pleasant as humanly possible.
Blackberry is not for all. It is not about nightlife, it is not close to great shopping or gambling, and the food is sophisticated (although they are very good at substituting simpler fare on request). It is a quiet get-away, one that offers, but does not push, a wide range of activities or the simple majesty of the Smokies to be savored on one's own.
I know of no spot that better lives up to its claims or that I am more eager to revisit.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Farm Tennessee
- Blackberry Farm Hotel Walland
- Blackberry Farm Tn
- Blackberry Farm Walland
- Blackberry Farm Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificent country estate on 4400 acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Blackberry Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.