This review is to warn coporate groups to beware of booking dinners at Blackberry Farm. We had the bad fortune of having dinner April 6, 2006 on the patio in 48 degree weather. All the ladies had to be handed a blanket in order to be somewhat warmer and even the men in their jackets if they were seated on the periphery of the patio were cold.
This dinner had been planned months in advance and it is well known that there is no such thing as reliable weather in April. The meal was served on cold plates, the asparagus was raw and cold and the ribs while delicious hardly seemed worthy of the price paid.
If the Blackberry Farm knew they couldn't serve us inside, they should have said so. Since many of the guests they served that night were staying at the Maple Leaf Lodge which is also owned by the same owners as Blackberry Farm, it would have been easy to cater a simple dinner there along with the reception for the local dignitaries who had also not been informed that the dinner would take place outdoors.
This event had been planned to greet a delegation from France and frankly it appeared to me that they were taken advantage of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of America's most celebrated intimate luxury hotels beckons discerning guests who aspire to escape modern-day frenzy and slip into a Blackberry state of mind. Situated on a pastoral 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, Blackberry will show you the many reasons why it is one of the top rated properties in the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Blackberry Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Farm Tennessee
- Blackberry Farm Hotel Walland
- Blackberry Farm Tn
- Blackberry Farm Walland
- Blackberry Farm Inn