We returned to BBF for 2 nights in October. We wanted to see the resort in the fall (our previous trip was in winter). We stayed in the main house again. This time, our king room (Teaberry) was a bit disappointing. It was nice - just small and the bathroom was outdated. I would recommend requesting Doll's Eye if you are staying in the main house. It was a much more spacious room and had a more romantic feel.
The service was again excellent. We also had perfect crisp fall weather and were able to take advantage of some outdoor activities, like hiking and fly fishing.
I think the main attraction to BBF is the food...and it lives up to the hype. Our meals were all wonderful. The duck and halibut entrees were highlights. The only dish that fell a little short was the brisket at lunch...too salty for my taste. We did bring some of our own wine to drink during the non dinner hours. It is a really lovely place to sit on the porch and sip a pinot noir for an hour or two.
We did have some confusion/mixup with the wine we ordered at dinner. Apparently, we were served and charged for a different bottle than we ordered (very close - but twice the price). The management staff sorted through the problem efficiently and we were credited appropriately.
Overall, this remains one of our favorite places. Is it expensive? Yes. It is definitely a splurge. But for a foodie, I think it is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of America's most celebrated intimate luxury hotels beckons discerning guests who aspire to escape modern-day frenzy and slip into a Blackberry state of mind. Situated on a pastoral 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, Blackberry will show you the many reasons why it is one of the top rated properties in the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Blackberry Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Farm Tennessee
- Blackberry Farm Hotel Walland
- Blackberry Farm Tn
- Blackberry Farm Walland
- Blackberry Farm Inn