My husband and I went for a romantic weekend away (much needed with two children under 3 at home). I researched, looked forward to the trip for months and booked a standard room at $1000/night. I assumed the standard room at a resort charging that amount would be gracious, if not luxurious. Turns out I was very wrong.
Our room was barely bigger than our bed, with no place to sit, relax or enjoy room-service. The bathroom was tiny, with a pedestal sink, medicine cabinet and 4ft tub. The worst part of the room, however, was the two-inch gap between the hotel-room door and the floor. You could literally see the other guests' feet as they walked by and could hear every word they said and move they made. . .not exactly romantic or conducive to sleeping in.
The grounds were fine - beautiful views, ok pool, poorly maintained hiking trails. The barn where the events were held was beautiful - too bad we couldn't sleep there.
The food was fantastic - though I found it to be a little salty and heavily grit-centric.
Some might argue that because meals are included it is actually a decent value (or at least not a rip-off), but we calculated that at the very most BBF could attribute $500 of their nightly revenue to food. Therefore, we were effectively paying $500 dollars for a dumpy room in the middle of nowhere. I would have been happier visiting during the day and staying at the nearest Hampton Inn (not that they would allow that).
All in all, we were disappointed that the weekend did not lend itself to the relaxation and romance we had hoped for and were $4000 poorer for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of America's most celebrated intimate luxury hotels beckons discerning guests who aspire to escape modern-day frenzy and slip into a Blackberry state of mind. Situated on a pastoral 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains, Blackberry will show you the many reasons why it is one of the top rated properties in the world ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Blackberry Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackberry Farm Tennessee
- Blackberry Farm Hotel Walland
- Blackberry Farm Tn
- Blackberry Farm Walland
- Blackberry Farm Inn