“Felt like family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walland
Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch
Save Saved
You added Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch to your Saves list
2848 Old Chilhowee Road, Walland, TN 37886   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Walland B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“Felt like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

From the time we arrived we felt like family. Cozy cottage, great horses and great folk. Down home southern hospitality and what great attitudes. If you want to ride or just get away, this is the place to do it. It is more than a vacation, it is making memories that will last a lifetime. We will surely go back. This is just what we were looking for, rode during the day enjoyed quiet time and shows at night. Views of the mountains were fantastic. Janice and her mom can't be beat. Have been riding for years and this ride was one of the best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dansville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Janice and her mother Julia were amazing, as was our guide Niki. This was the most beautiful place that my husband and I have ever been too. This was a dream for us, we've always wanted to ride in the mountains on horse back. It's a wonderland for all of the animals. They are all very well taken care of, and loved by all of the staff. We felt welcomed, and were treated like family. We stayed two nights in the Pioneer room. It was cozy, neat, clean and inviting. My husband rode Scout and I rode Trinity. All of the horses were friendly and took very good care of their riders. The food was top notch! Janice is full of knowledge regarding the history of the mountains and her property. We played games on the trails and her moto was: "No hurries No worries" and to smile! We will return next year!

Room Tip: Any of the cabins.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

As my children said about TVR: "the best place I've ever been in my life. Can we go back?"
It is just paradise for all animal and nature lovers. Time stop and you are there to enjoy. every night, we'll do a cookout near the pond and wake up at 6 Am to feed the animals, 10 horses, lama, donkey, goat, lamb, rabbit, cats, goose, pig, dog.....I think I'm forgetting a couple.
Our Host, Janice is a very welcoming person and Julia, Janice mom, the sweetest person .

Room Tip: we stayed in the pioneer room. there is a king bed (I think) and a sofa bed if needed. full kitchen...
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Went to Twin Valley this past weekend - checked in Friday, checked out Sunday.
A few words describe the weekend at Twin Valley: Amazing Place with Amazing Hospitality from Janice!!!

Janice welcomed us at check-in Friday and made us feel welcomed the entire weekend. We stayed in Luke's Cabin. This is a very nice, private cabin, situated up on a hill. Surrounding porch with rocking and other chairs!! Beautiful for relaxation. On Friday evening the kids went for a walk and came back with Nutmeg, the llama!! What a hoot!! A very lovable llama!!

Went on the horseback ride of our lives on Saturday morning. Younger child got up early in the morning and helped get the horses ready. Wife and I were nervous about horseback riding, based on a previous experience elsewhere. Janice not only gave us good instruction on what to do but then let us practice a bit with the horses before we ventured up the mountain. The horses were wonderful!!! I rode Cisco! Very cool!! But then the mountain ride up and down was extraordinary. Smoky Mountains is a very beautiful area! On the top of the ride, we took a break and had a snack, enjoyed the view and took lots of pictures.

A definite fun highlight was that, on Saturday evening, we followed Janice to a country-western dance hall. Oh - - my - - word!!! That was so incredibly fun!! The family danced all evening!! Line dancing and live country-western (the REAL country western) music. Definitely reminded me of what likely were great times in the past when things weren't as complicated as now.

Before checking out Sunday took one of the kids fishing in the pond. How relaxing and fun that was!! Checked out Sunday and Janice pointed us in the direction of Cades Cove to do a scenic drive in the Smoky Mountains National Park. Perfect thing to do given our limited time left. Eleven mile beautiful drive with deer and all!!

This was the first of what we hope to be a regular visit up to Twin Valley Ranch. We could easily see staying for a week (or more!), relaxing, reading, interacting with all the animals (Nutmeg the llama kissed me!; the goat; the pig, the horses, the cats, the baby kittens, the baby rabbits), and enjoying hikes on the ranch. And thanks to Shay for all his assistance with Janice!! Hope to see you again sooner than later!!

Room Tip: For privacy, get Luke's Cabin. Has a full sized frig, microwave, stove.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went to Twin Valley 10 years ago and just revisited this June!!! It was even better than I remembered!! This time I stayed in the bed and breakfast where I got to enjoy the home cooking of Janice. She couldn't't have been any sweeter!!!!! We enjoyed a day of horseback riding and enjoyed every moment of the ride listening to stories and learning about the land. Thanks Janice for a wonderful vacation. I look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Twin valley ranch is truly an exquisite place. Janice is so welcoming and truly wants her guests to enjoy their time at the ranch. The lodge is truly remarkable, from the view on the porch to the beautiful rooms. Janice is an exceptional person who truly wants to share her love of the ranch and all of her animals with her guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My fiance and I just got back from TVR and there aren't enough words to describe how great it truly is (but I'll try). We stayed in the main lodge where the views of the Smoky's are incredible! Janice (the innkeeper) and her mother (Alice) were extremely friendly and treated us like family. The breakfast was amazing with items like: homemade grits, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, and so many other wonderful things. I've only ridden a horse once, but Janice worked with me and I felt like a real cowboy when I was done. Honestly, I could go on and on. Please do yourself a favor and stay at TVR, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again Janice, Alice and Madison.

Room Tip: The lodge has a huge Jacuzzi tub in each room and great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch? Share your experiences!