“Delicious sandwiches, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Tullahoma
Cuisines: American
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Delicious sandwiches, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Southern Sundaes is located in the bottling room of the old Coca-Cola building, now known as the Merchants at Cokers. When they built this building, they provided large picture windows for people to watch the little Coke bottles passing through the filling equipment. Now those big windows provide lots of light and an enjoyable view while eating wonderful food. It is not a huge menu but has something for everyone, and it is much more than sundaes (though I'm told the gelato is fabulous). Their sandwich plate includes a design-it-yourself combination of breads, fillings, toppings and side dishes. My friend and I both had the chicken salad on croissant, one with pasta salad and one with broccoli salad. The chicken salad is full of herbs and unlike anything you have had before. I'm not a fan of store-bought or restaurant chicken salad, but this had been highly recommended. Excellent choice and very large serving. Their side dishes are also large servings, and I highly recommend the broccoli salad, a mix of crunch broccoli, nuts, raisins and hint of dressing. Another thing I like is the freshly made beverages that you serve yourself from pitchers. They also have freshly made soup, hot sandwiches, desserts and gelato. I'll be returning to try other selections, and I highly recommend Southern Sundaes. And be sure to browse the shops in the building for unique items. The building is located on the way to Jack Daniel's in Lynchburg, right next to Wendy's.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“Delicious gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The restuarant is located inside an old Coca-Cola bottling building. We tried the caramel wafer gelato. WOW! It was beyond delicious. They had other options besides gelato for your sweet tooth. They have sandwiches that we'll have to try next time. There is also shops in the same building. We will definitely stop by on our next trip through Tullahoma.

Visited December 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Much More than Just Sundaes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a whim for our first visit and we were immediately greeted.
since it was our first visit, they walked us through their menu. They have a lot to offer, not just dessert.
I had a Grilled Capresie sandwich and it was delicious! The fresh bread and basil really set off the turkey.
Of course, we enjoyed one of their signature desserts at the end. The sorbets are freshly made and mine was especially tasty. The whole time we were there we were treated like family. You know, the cousins that you really like but seldom get to spend any time.
I am glad that something great has finally filled this space. I would recommend the sandwiches and the desserts.

• Visited August 2013