“NOT family friendly.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tullahoma
GreenLeadersBronze level
“NOT family friendly.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Front desk called both nights we stayed to inform us that another guest had complained that we were stomping on the floor. Really?? We had 2 small children with us and got in our room at 10pm. Hadn't been here 10 min before she called. We were just walking around. Floors and walls have no insulation. Can hear the tv next door. King bed was hard as a slab of concrete.

• Stayed May 2013
Don R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking time to communicate with us regarding your recent stay. We have addressed the issues and as a result, we have put improved systems in place. Being awarded the 2013 Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor is an honor that we take seriously and we will continue to adapt and improve. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at this property in March & it was absolutely wonderful! Deisy & Tammy were the kindest front desk agents. They're what Southern Hospitality is all about. The property is only a couple years old & very modern. I even loved the b&w framed photos in the room. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever experienced. Elevators ran super smooth. Not a single problem with wi-fi. Everything was spotless, from the lobby to the bathroom in room. If I had to say something bad about this place is that the train was a little loud, but nothing that kept me up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Deanna S, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Wandrlust13,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such thoughtful feedback. As a team we strive for excellence and I'm happy you picked up on that.
Tammy & Deisy are both very valuable members of our team, I will be sure to share your kind words with he staff.
Please do come and see us again!

Deanna S.
Operations Manager
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is every I expected from a Holiday Inn Express.... And more. The hotel is pretty new and it shows! I slept very well the bed and in the morning made a pig of myself on make your pancakes and pre made biscuits and gravy (and bacon!)... All of my favorite breakfast foods... at no extra charge. I could walk to Walmart and other shopping which was nice. I give the staff an A++ for showing great hospitality and efficiency!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Everything about the hotel is nice...food, staff, rooms...all first rate, but who was the genius that said "Let's put it right next to the train tracks where they can honk and give our patrons a coronary in the middle of the night"?

Room Tip: Ask for something as far away from the train as possible, if that will make any difference.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Rustibolt,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and your room accommodations. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the outside noise. I understand the discomfort this has caused you. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tullahoma, TN.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Forest, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had an early appointment in Tullahoma in the AM and wanted to stay in town but this #1 rated HIE was fully booked. I was coming from the west and didn't want to have to drive past Tullahoma to get to Manchester where the next best hotel options were located. Online, the property was showing to be fully booked. I called the hotel to see if there might be a room available for a Priority Club (PC) Gold member and luckily somebody had just cancelled. I offered the clerk my PC# but he insisted on inputting my name & address to look up my info but he seemed to be having a problem finding me in their system. I offered my PC# again and again he refused. After spelling out EVERYTHING and giving him my CC# even though it's on my profile I finally completed my reservation.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the same clerk who was friendly but quirky. When he presented me with the registration paperwork, my first name was misspelled and I asked him if my PC# came up and he said yes. I proceeded to my room and the overall property and my room seemed fairly new and very clean. This impression came to an end upon entering the bathroom. There was no new packaged soap in the normal places and then I noticed the used soap from the previous tenant was on the sink and in the bathtub soap dish. There were also hairs in the tub. The toilet paper holder also came out of the holder during my stay which sent the roll rolling across the room into the hallway. I knew I was given the last room so I knew there wasn't another room to move from so I just sucked it up and asked for new soap at the front desk on my way to dinner.

I was also given the last room on the top floor which normally I would be ecstatic about since there is nobody on one side of you or above you to make noise. When the train came through the first time, I soon realized this was a mistake. When it seemed to come through every two hours, I really knew it was a mistake. This train conductor also loved to blow his horn just for extra annoyance.

The workout room and breakfast area were both very nice as was the checkout clerk. The bill I received under my door had all of my info finally spelled out correctly but no PC# on the bill. When I left and turned in my keys, I asked about my PC# and the friendly clerk said she would call to get it corrected. I would have given this property a 3.5 rating but TA doesn't allow for half ratings.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away as possible from the train tracks!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear GRofVA,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am glad that you liked our workout room and breakfast area. We also appreciate the kind words for the check-out clerk. On the other hand, let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced over the cleanliness of the bathroom and the noise. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a typical US small town Holiday Inn Express - nice enough rooms that are clean & comfortable, pleasant staff, decend breakfast. No bar and not the nicest of locations, but lots of eating out choices along the main road.

Room Tip: the railway line runs along the back of the hotel, and the main road not too far from the front - in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cheektowaga, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was a great experience!!!! The hotel was super clean, the staff as outstanding and friendly. We actually enjoyed the train and the location was great for the purpose of our trip. We would definitely would stay here again!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East? Share your experiences!