“A Tullahoma Treat!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cheektowaga, New York, United States
“A Tullahoma Treat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was a great experience!!!! The hotel was super clean, the staff as outstanding and friendly. We actually enjoyed the train and the location was great for the purpose of our trip. We would definitely would stay here again!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express rates as one of our favorites of all time.( We've been to too many! LOL ) The train is the only flaw. I loved the eleven and twelve pm whistles because they reminded me of good childhood memories - but the spouse felt differently! The facility is exemplary. It is almost new and the entire staff was wonderful! The desk folks, assistant managers and breakfast staff smiled all the time. They were eager to help and offered their assistance often. The breakfast was better than the usual HIE food. I know it is pre-prepared / frozen but perhaps they were more vigilant about preparation or times. It was perfect!
The stay was so positive and the quality of things such that we extended a second night - despite the train. Our room was a deluxe king and was lovely. Everything was immaculate. The cleaning staff was just as positive and friendly as the front desk. What a surprise! I plan to return and enjoy the area more next trip. This was a lovely town and worth a return trip. Autumn was a great time to visit. We'll go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the front if you want more distance from the train. I was on the back, top floor and loved t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Morristown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here last week on business. The hotel is fairly new, clean, modern decor and the staff is friendly. The beds are comfy and the breakfast is the standard for HIE. The only problem at all is the train that runs behind the property. If you are a lite sleeper you will probably want to stay somewhere else. I am not a lite sleeper and it woke me up only once. I would prob stay here again if I was in the area. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. I did not go to the pool area.

Room Tip: Just note that there are railroad tracks behind the hotel so the train could be an issue for some.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Since I had booked this motel per my recommendation with two other couples, I always cross my fingers that all will be good for them!! I knew the motel was fairly new and as the usual Holiday Inn Express and Suites motels are, this was was excellent as well.

The rooms we were given had two queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, ample coffee with maker, and a beautiful spacious room. The shower was very unique. I, being 6'3" tall, usually have issues with the height of the shower head. In this particular case, the wise folks at this motel had the good sense to go the opposite way and put the shower head at approximately the 7 1/2 foot level. What a great experience for me!! Now, the only problem with this was that my 5'5" wife had to get on the ledge of the shower to adjust the head to her direction. :-)

Breakfast was equally pleasing as was the coffee, pancakes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and those delicious Holiday Inn Express unique cinnamon rolls!! Let's just say that I didn't need lunch that day!!

I would highly recommend staying at this Holiday Inn Express in Tullahoma,,,especially if you are in the area to tour the Jack Daniels and/or the George Dickel distilleries in the area. What a great experience!!!

Room Tip: I don't think anyone could get a bad room in this motel!! Everything was peaceful and quiet!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hopkinsville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very helpful and friendly staff. Inside of building is very clean and well maintained. Outside has very nice landscaping and clean. Very good breakfast with a good variety. I would stay there again when and if in the area. Once again, could not ask for more helpful or friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arab, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn on July 21, 2012 for 1 night. We were riding our bikes and got caught in a storm so decied to stay the night.

Fisrt of all, the hotel is kinda stuck off the main road and you have got to watch or you will miss the entrance. The property was very well maintained andlooked wonmderful.

The check in went very good, (I think his name was Cody who checked us in), everyone was very nice and helpfull. There was no wait and we were in our room within 5 minutes of walking in and asking if they had a room.

We had an executive suite with king bed. The room was nice and very clean. It had a microwave/refridgerator, ironing board, pull out couch (we didnt use), decent size bathroom. 32in tv, (it could have been a little bigger).

The bed was our only real complaint about this room. It was not comfortable at all. VERY firm.

We did not use the swimming pool or weight room.

The provided breakfast was very good. You had pastries, cereals, yogurt, begals, muffins, fruit, eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, oatmeal, fresh made pancakes (they had a machine that actually made them for you, I have never seen anything like it before) coffee, o.j., apple juice. It was a really good breakfast.

All in all I would stay here again and would diffently reccomend it to someone else.. just beware of the bed....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on the way to tour the Jack Daniels Distillery about 20-minutes away and was impressed with the staff and facility. Nice, spacious room and wonderful extras like indoor
swimming pool, mini-gym and breakfast dining area. A mini shop offers frozen food (microwave oven, coffee machine and fridge in room), snacks and personal items and guests are on the "honor system" as items are not locked away.

Breakfast was fresh and delicious. Other hotels have waffle machines. This one has an automated griddle that churns out pancakes. Best biscuits and gravy I've had in a long time!

Hotel is located close to numerous major chain restaurants including a Red Lobster.

Yes, as others have posted, there is the matter of freight trains right across the side street from the hotel. Why the engineer feels compelled to blast the horn at 3am, I'll never know but perhaps there is a crossing down the street I never saw. Upon entering the hotel, seek a room
on the left side, closer to the main street and the noise may not be a problem for you.
I heard some guests complaining to the front desk about the trains and had to laugh as a horn was sounded during one tirade.

Overall, I'd stay there again but would be choosy about the location of the room.

Room Tip: See above.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East? Share your experiences!