“Fun time - Rain or Shine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Fun time - Rain or Shine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was an off/on rain day. We went to the Reggae to escape for the afternoon. After a few drinks, all I could think about were the ribs they were cooking. While we were there, a monkey got loose and provided some entertainment as it chased us around the bar. When the rain stopped for a bit, we payed our respects to Wilbert the Island Pig's grave. Then, we checked out Conkleshell beach and snorkel a bit. Unfortunately, they were out of ribs by the time we got back. That worked out for the best because we discovered that their lobster sandwiches are amazing.

Visited December 2012

83% Recommend
Ottawa
“The Best Beach Beach Bar in St.Kitts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great Food (including the vegitarian options), freindly fast service, and a nice beach on Cockleshell Bay. You can dine inside, or outside at white picnic tables. There is a small gift shop as well, and another bar on the beach.

Visited December 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worth the ride!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I went to Reggae Beach Bar for lunch and had a great time. We started with conch fritters which were excellent and then we both had the lobster salad sandwich which was also excellent. It is an adventurous ride to get to the Reggae Beach Bar but well worth it. A must see!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food here was really good and a good selection to choose from.
As the name says ... it's on the beach so lovely views and even nicer sea breeze.

Visited June 2012
cornwall
“Loved it, thanks for a great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although we have cruised in the Caribbean a number of times this was to be the first time to St Kitts. I usually search for options of how to spend the day prior to leaving UK and had considered the train ride for this day, but the fare was pretty steep and we have seen many sugar cane plantations and the like before. So listed Cockleshell Beach as an option if we fancied a lazy day, which we did.

6 of us shared a taxi and enjoyed the bumpy scenic trip with a knowledgeable driver to the beach.

Reggae Bar has an idyllic setting on Cockleshell Beach looking over to Nevis. Crystal clear water and white sand, just as you would expect in the Caribbean.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I asked if it would be possible to get some coffee during the morning and they filtered some for me right away and very good it was too, as was the smell of lunch being prepared. I asked where Wilbur was (I am a big pig fan) and was sad to hear he had passed away in September, the lady I spoke to laughed when I told her how famous he was in the UK!!

We all had lunch under the trees, each choosing something different from the menu, which given the fact that it was a beach bar with limited facilities we thought it was an excellent menu. The service and food was unfaultable, every table was full but service was good and they appeared well organised.

We had a really, really great day, could not fault it in any way. Since returning I am shocked to see some negative reviews, but not surprised that a lot of them are from US visitors. I am very happy with what we had and also the cost of it. On arrival we were told that we could use the changing facilities plus the toilet all day which I was glad to hear (toilet paper, soap and paper towels provided too!)

• Visited January 2013