“Not a favorite” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Beloit, Ohio, United States
“Not a favorite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Ate breakfast at Kettle and Hearth and won't do it again. Place didnt look clean at all. Yes there was enough food but not worth eating. Didnt enjoy the meal then waited and waited for someone to come and ring us out. Thank goodness we didnt use the restroom before we ate. A porta-John outside would have been cleaner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Aberdeen, Ohio
“Good food, generous portions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

At first we weren't sure if it was an actual restaurant because the place was empty, but the food was actually really good. They give you the most generous portions, moreso than any other place in the area. They also have specials on certain all you can eat things. Prices were not that bad either. Staff was friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Golden, CO
“Scary Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I did not order due to the fact it did not feel clean. My husband and another couple did to their disappointment. Nothing on the plates was fresh. All packaged food. Frozen, reheated stuff and powdered mashed potato.
Not a good place to go for real food.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Instant Potatoes!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Tonight stopped at AJ's Hearth & Kettle. The parking lot was full and my mother-in -law went on how good it was. Tonight it was not my MiL's best idea. Both my husband and I ordered the chicken fried steak special. It was ok. It was covered with do much gravy I could not tell if it was homemade...probably frozen. The mashed potatoes were instant. The biscuits were hard as rocks. My MiL ordered the catfish platter. It had a nice fried hair attached to a hush puppy. She sent it back and just asked for a slice of apple pie. It was huge with a pint of vanilla ice cream on top. As I write this, I can still taste all the salt from this sub par meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, Illinois
“Loved this place - could be on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stopped here after a very long day of hiking and sight seeing in the GSMNP - we were starving and looking for a place to get some "real" food. It was about an hour before closing time and there weren't many others in the restaurant so we initially thought "this could be bad" wondering if we'd get what was left in the warmers. The waitress was super friendly and attentive, our sweet teas arrived almost immediately (our cups were kept full) and it wasn't long before our food arrived. The menu is a typical diner menu - I decided to go with the special - catfish filets. My plate came mounded with catfish filets and fries. I normally do not prefer catfish filets, but these were really catfish filets not the fish stick types that are served in chain restaurants. I ate my fill and seriously had enough to take home for two more servings. My husband and son ordered the burger basket and the chicken strip basket - they too came mounded with fries and we had chicken to take home too. If you enjoy diner type restaurants the Hearth & Kettle is definitely for you! Out total bill was under $35 - we loved it !!

• Visited May 2013