“Wayne Morgan "Great Stay"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tremont Lodge and Resort

You added Tremont Lodge and Resort to your Saves list
Tremont Lodge and Resort
7726 E Lamar Alexander Parkway, Townsend, TN 37882 (Formerly Valley View Lodge)   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
Nahunta, Georgia, United States
“Wayne Morgan "Great Stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first trip to Townsend and was pleased that it was only seven miles from Cades Cove. We stopped at Tremont Lodge and Resort and was pleased with the helpful information we were given by the staff. The owner was on the phone and I talked with him for a while about photography when he got off. (The reason I was here in the first place.) We loved the big rooms and have no complaints whatsoever. Within 30 minutes of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge but so much less hectic. I highly recommend staying here and will be back again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been coming to the Smokies for 10 years now & sometimes 3 times a year! Tremont lodge and resort is the coziest, friendliest, homiest & romantic place to be! My husband & I were here for the weekend alone for our 19th anniversary & could NOT have found a better place! Its very clean! It's been renovated & the new owner is continuously upgrading. He has so many new & fresh ideas for the place! We can't wait to come back in the summer with our 5 kids!! The grounds are beautiful! There's outdoor pools, an indoor heated pool, & a hot tub! 3 (i believe) different venues for family reunions, weddings.... A playground, & a big screen movie stage outside!! Any style room you like... From standard to 2 bedroom suites! With any kind of amenities you may want! The staff are THE FRIENDLIEST people! We just fell in LOVE with them all!! We also got to meet the new owner, Mr. Wilson Reynolds who does all the gorgeous photographs all over the lodge & rooms!! He also does MUCH MORE than photography!! He's an amazing man!! And I consider myself a very lucky young woman to have met a man like him!! Thank you all!!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Considering this was recently a foreclosed property that only a ghost could love it's now a nice place to stay. The new owner has spent a lot of money on the rooms, the office and the conference center. The beds were comfortable, we had plenty of hot water and the door lock was new and worked well (addressing issues in others' reviews).

So why three stars? With plenty of evidence of investment in the physical facility, I found equal evidence that the new owner has not invested in experienced hotel management. The desk phone is almost never answered during business hours, instead rolling over to a machine. During a two-week circus of trying to get a reservation I found that messages are not returned (they also had no website and could not send or receive emails; unbelievable). The new owner has been quoted saying he wants to equal a "Hilton or Hyatt" with this resort; well, they answer the phone. And they don't charge the full stay in advance, they provide room telephones (none here, although the fire exit plan says "dial "0" for help"), they service their rooms every day (Saturday missed for at least two rooms), their bath tubs don't drip and their hot tubs aren't tepid and full of mysterious foam.

So, averaging five stars for physical improvement and two stars for effective management yields 3.5. I'm rounding down to three because the new owner spent lots of time around the front desk bragging about his personal exploits and making his staff nervous instead of monitoring his guests' experiences and providing real leadership. This property has a lot of potential but desperately needs someone who knows how to run it.

Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we knew this was going to be a great experience as soon as we walked in the entrance .. The staff were so friendly & helpful.(great insight & directions to get around the Pigeon Forge traffic)
The rooms was so fresh & clean that said Welcome as soon as the key was turned. We felt right at home.... Lovely decor.
Right off I lost my hubby to all the down pillows and soft down pillow top bed after a long drive!
Walk out on the balcony/porch to view the sunrise in the morn then watch the a wonderful sunset right put your window. What more can one ask for!
Our room had large flate screen tv, wi-fi, fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and a keurig coffee maker..
We would highly recommend Tremont to anyone. FYI art work in the rooms are from the owner capturing some of the local beauty. Do not be surprised if who you thought was just a worker on the grounds turns out to be the owner himself seeing to everything.
Thanks for everything! This place is a diamond .. Cannot wait for our next visit .

• Stayed October 2014
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014 via mobile

Huge room, nicely decorated. On the highway but quiet at night. Signage hard to see when driving by. We had to make two passes before we found the entrance. Keurig in room coffee maker but only 2 k cups and both the same. Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

My husband and I were on a ten day vacation in the Smoky Mountains and booked a room at the Tremont Lodge and Resort for Oct 20-22. Upon arriving, we were told that we did not have a reservation and I was forced to prove that we did by showing the young man at the desk an email with our confirmation number which, thankfully, I hadn't deleted. After we straightened that out, we were told that we would receive an upgrade in our room, which was a pleasant surprise.

The young man aplogized and then went on to worry me by saying that he would not be working there much longer, due to the fact that nothing is ever organized, they couldn't keep the poor housekeeping staff that they managed to hire, etc. He then took us to our room to make sure that it was ready, and at first glance it seemed fine. We brought ten days worth of luggage in for a two night stay.

My husband began filling up the jacuzzi, which took approximately 40 minutes because of the poor water pressure. While we were unpacking, I had a wasp fly down from somewhere near the exposed insulation between the ceiling and the wall, which was very frightening for me as I am desperately afraid of any kind of stinging thing. My husband killed it, and then as he was searching the insulation on the ceiling with a flashlight, he found spider webs in the corners of the room. I decided that I would like a hot cup of coffee from the provided Keurig coffee pot, only to find that it didn't work. Yes, I know how to use it. We even tried different outlets. No dice. We plugged two devices that don't draw a lot of power, into another outlet, only to have both devices stop charging after a short period of time. As I sat on the bed, eyes darting around, waiting for another wasp to come out of nowhere, my husband turned off the water for the jacuzzi, and noticed debris on the top. He even got the flashlight out again to inspect it, and neither one of us could determine exactly what it was. It looked like wormy-like strings of something. Needless to say, we could not have been paid to use the jacuzzi. I really started thinking back to what the young man at the desk said about the housekeeping staff.

After all of this, my husband went to the main office at approximately 9:30pm to try and find someone to address our concerns. There was no one there at that time, and no way to contact anyone about possibly getting another room. We had to tough out the night and the following morning went on with our plans for the day at Cades Cove. Mid-morning we came back to town for a bite to eat and my husband stopped at the office again and spoke to a manager named Katie. He told her of all the issues we experienced with the room. She said that she could get housekeeping to clean our room later. He told her that we were not putting our vacation on hold and asked her not to have anyone clean the room, as he wanted to show a manager our findings later that day. Later in the evening, we returned to the office and spoke to another employee. There was no manager there and my husband asked for a complaint form. The employee called Katie at home. She stated that she was aware of our issues and that we would not be charged for our entire stay, and apologized for our inconvenience. We were told that our card would not be charged and that we did not need a complaint form. We stayed the second night, due to the fact that at that popular time of year for tourists, there were no accomodations available at other hotels.

We left the next morning, continuing on to Gatlinburg for a three day stay. Two days after we left, I found that Tremont Lodge had, in fact, taken the full two day amount for the room from my account. After repeated attempts to contact the owner, we finally spoke to him. During our conversation with him, he asked for specific information about our complaints. While we tried to explain each issue, he interrupted us repeatedly with excuses for each, and spoke to us in a very condescending tone. He also seemed incredulous that we were bothered by any of these things. His behavior, understandably, made us upset and angry. His way to brush us off and end the conversation, was to tell us that he had tried to return our calls and left messages, which for some reason, we never received. He said that he was ending the call until we wanted to apologize to him. My husband, frustrated, and cursing, not able to get a word in with this man, hung up. We have had no further contact, and as of this date, have not been refunded.

We would absolutely never stay here again

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

I have stayed at this place when it was under different ownership and it really was out of date and dirty then. Well i recently heard that they were under new ownership and were doing some remodeling so i called and book a weekend during the leave color change in the smokies. The place looks amazing compared to my previous stay. The rooms have been completely remodeled and updated. and there is a keurig machine in all the rooms now which is a big plus for me :)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tremont Lodge and Resort? Share your experiences!