“The Perfect Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gracehill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Gracehill Bed & Breakfast
You added Gracehill Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
1169 Little Round Top Way, Townsend, TN 37882   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Townsend B&B and Inns
Tierra Verde, Florida
“The Perfect Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We are a "mature" couple (50 and 60-ish) and wanted to have a quiet wedding for our second marriage without all the drama of kids, step-kids and crazy in and out-laws. We found Gracehill several years ago from a friends recommendation and we try to visit once a year for a few days of hiking. We both agreed that Gracehill would be the perfect venue for our wedding. I contacted the owner, Kathy, and asked her if it would be possible to get married on her balcony. Not only was she thrilled that we wanted to be married at her Inn, but she had been working on arranging "elopement" packages, but had not yet gotten the web-site live. We would be her first wedding and she would do all the work!! All we had to do was show up with a dress, a suit and a wedding license! From our past experiences with Kathy, I knew she would leave nothing to chance and I trusted her completely. I only gave her about 6-8 weeks notice for our October 18th wedding and she arranged for my flowers, the pastor, the photographer, a beautiful appetizer tray with specialty champagne glasses, a small cake (and one to bring home for next year), she surprised us with a "just married" sign on our door after the wedding, and she made sure the grounds were at the peak of perfection. She organized the ceremony, helped me into my dress and even loaned me a guitar for a surprise love song I sang to my honey during the ceremony so I would not have to ship my guitar by FedEx. Being faithful Christians - we were a bit worried about who our officiant would be (think..... tacky wedding chapels in Pigeon Forge!), but the moment I met Pastor Jacob, I found him to be loving and genuine and we could not have asked for a more perfect God-centered ceremony. We were blessed with perfect weather and the autumn leaves were at their peak that day!! Note to anyone reading this that may want to be married during this time of the year - we almost gave Kathy a heart attack due to being late to our own wedding since we got stuck in the horrendous traffic in the National Park after a day of hiking! I would not hesitate to recommend anyone looking for a romantic, stress free elopement to call Kathy and arrange it at Gracehill. Please also note that the Inn does not have a liquor license so you have to bring in your own Champagne or wine, but all the mixers and glassware are provided. I would not even worry about the weather, because the living room with its beautiful fireplace is also a very nice location option. As far as reviewing the Inn and not just our wedding experience, just read everyone else's glowing reviews - they are all true!! Kathy - you are amazing and I will forever be grateful for the perfect wedding you created for us!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in all the rooms over the years, and they are all wonderful. But I think "Spellb...

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Gracehill literally graces the top of the most beautiful hill looking at the Smokey Mts. The location is breathtaking and the accommodations are first class all the way. We stayed in November and the fall colors and views from our room and deck were breathtaking. Sitting in the hot tub looking at the view at twilight was a highlight. Our room was huge and comfortable with a large fire place and flat screened TV. The common room was very generously stocked with complimentary coffees, snacks, and drinks. Kathy is a first class, award winning, cook. The breakfasts were varied and melted in my very grateful mouth. Each day was a different artistic table setting. Kathy was also very helpful when we asked for suggestions of what to do and directions to get there.
When I clicked on this, I noticed that EVERYONE gave her an excellent.There is a reason why!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at Gracehill for 7 nights in October. It was a last minute trip to the mountains, I was visiting a sick relative. I stayed in another really nice B&B for the 1st 2 nights I was there. Then in passing the sign for Gracehill 3 or 4 times daily, I decided to check it out. It was amazing! Kathy is an incredible host. There are 4 rooms. I stayed in 3 of the 4 during my Spellbound, Casablanca and Key Largo. They are all amazing. Each has it's own "best room" feature. Spellbound is so beautiful and has a small private deck overlooking a waterfall. Casablanca has the best deck, where I saw a bear one night while chatting with another guest, and a gas fireplace and good TV. I loved Key Largo as well, it has a great TV but no gas fire place. Each one of the rooms was worth the stay and the move. I'm glad I stayed in all three.

Kathy and the whole staff are so wonderful. And I had a massage while there twice from the most incredible massage therapist who Kathy calls and she comes into the gym to do it. I HIGHLY recommend.

Kathy's breakfast is to die for--3 course--I rarely ate lunch because of it. One of the guests had Kathy pack she and her husband a lunch one day which they took to the national park. She told me it was incredible. Everything and every detail it great. Truly a professional and hospitable operation. There is one problem which wouldn't bother most, as most people don't stay there for 7 nights. Internet is slow. Kathy has tried numerous ways to fix it. But all of the area is pretty slow. When you are used to bandwidth like the NY-Metro area where I live, it's difficult. But not a big deal, actually a blessing. It kept me offline most the time, which considering how beautiful the place is one would wonder why anyone checked email or Facebook when staying there. It is truly a magnificent view. It is not a 10, it's an 11. Most unreal it is so magnificent. What a wonderful, wonderful place. I so hope to go back again soon.

Room Tip: They are all good. Just pick the one that you fancy when looking on line. I would stay in any of t...
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were very lucky to find Gracehill last minute. Both of us live in Russia and we came to run NYC marathon which never happened in Nov 2012. It was very sad and we decided to leave the city for a couple of days. A friend of mine recommended me to go to Smoky Mountains and now I can definitely recommend that it worth to fly around the world not to see Smoky Mountains only but a GraceHill! I can not call in B&B because it not. It is a hidden 7 star hotel on the top of the mountain. Personally I am very well travelled and have been to more that 50 countries, experienced different luxury hotels, but Kathy's house gives you not only a beautiful accommodation but great, unique welcoming experience. Breakfast setting and meals itself are mind blowing. Safely back to Moscow now with our baby girl, we are very thankful to you, Kathy, for the perfect job you do to make your guests feel special. All the best for you! Hopefully to be back one day!

• Stayed November 2012
Sikeston, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Gracehill is a beautiful mountain retreat with first class amenities. High in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the views were breathtaking. We had the glorious fall foliage to give us a golden palette. I cannot put into words how beautiful it was. To add to this special trip we had perfect accommodations and gourmet breakfasts. The Innkeeper here pays attention to very detail. Fresh flowers were in every room and snacks and drinks were always available. Information was also helpful on places to see and things to do. Gracehill was a unique experience in every way. "You should go!"

J Dame
Sikeston, Mo

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tuscaloosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I just spent three nights at Gracehill B&B. Words cannot adequately describe the setting, the decor and the wonderful breakfasts that Kathleen provides for her guests/friends. We felt as if we were visiting an old friend with her and her Mom's hospitality. We learned more about the area as Kathy is conversant with the history and geography of the mountain. She gave us great tips on places to see and dine. The view is amazing. The inn is so well thought out with the decks, patio, rose garden and pond. The furnishings are chosen with care and good taste. The breakfasts are delicious and presented in such beautiful settings from the china to the crystal to the napkins with little touches in the centerpieces and plate decoration. I am so glad that we chose this inn and we plan on returning again. It was first class all the way. I plan on attempting to replicate the recipes but know mine will fall far short of Kathy's. Great experience!

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The website for Gracehill B&B initially sold me – I loved the beautiful pictures and wealth of information. But after a few emails and phone calls to owner/innkeeper Kathy Janke, I was definitely looking forward to meeting her as well. My husband and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary, and our 4 night stay proved to be everything I had anticipated, and more. The view is spectacular. The house and gardens are gorgeous. Everything is comfortable, peaceful and calming. Don’t miss the quiet and view of early morning fog from the front porch. Go sightseeing or hiking and return for a jaw-dropping sunset view from the hot tub. Last but not least … Kathy herself is a real delight – so talented and personable, happy to share her knowledge of the area, and helpful with plans and directions. She’s also a fabulous cook! Our 3-course breakfast each day was a different menu and place setting from the previous, and as beautiful as it was delicious. The weather was fine enough to eat outside two mornings – what a treat.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, awesome decor, high ceilings. We stayed in Key Largo.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gracehill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!