“Rainbow Trout meal over looking the river” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Fish & Chips
Sevier County, Tennessee
“Rainbow Trout meal over looking the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I have to do this review now or I'll forget! I won't forget the meal or the service though! After a long motorcycle ride through the Foothills Parkway and back, I wanted something different than a burger and a beer. I found it! It was my first visit to the Country Style Fish House and I was not disappointed!

With a beautiful smile, Loria served me up the best grilled Rainbow Trout that I've had in the Smokies! The hush puppies were not the old frozen type either. Everything was delicious, as I sat outside under a shaded porch watching geese float down the Little River.

Being a local resident, I've been looking for a place like this. I can hardly wait to go and enjoy a cold beer while live music plays on the deck! Great place.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Average Food, but very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This restaurant has tons of potential with in the outdoor and indoor dining options on the river. Our food was average, but our waitress was horrible from the time we were seated to the time we paid.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Off to a good start, but work to do...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The restaurant had only been open for business a short time when we ate there. We are local and very excited about a "fish" place. The catfish with steak fries were very good, not greasy. Would like to have seen home-made tartar. The coleslaw needs work. May we suggest adding a little sugar and vinegar to your mayo?? Hushpuppies were ok. We also had the Cheeseburger and were probably most impressed with this menu item. It was gourmet. Excellent bun, perfectly cooked. Again paired with the steak fries--was yummy! One of the best we have had in town. Disappointed not more fried fish/shrimp choices. It seems the restaurants here are hung up on Cajun cooking right now. Must be we get a lot of visitors from Louisiana?? The wait staff seem a bit inexperienced, but that can be addressed. Loved eating creekside. Overall pleased with our dinner here and hope the kinks get worked out soon!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Campbellsville
“Relaxing place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Good place to sit and eat a nice meal. Good food, good value, sit outside along the creek & enjoy it all!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had the salmon with green beans, my husband had grilled trout with coleslaw. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. It was nice to see healthier sides on a menu besides the usual deep fried sides that are so common in the south. We will be back. Also, if you stop by be sure and take advantage of the wonderful patio on the river!

• Visited June 2014