“Literally a hidden treasure!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Townsend
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Townsend, Tennessee
“Literally a hidden treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The caverns don't get much press, but they are one of nature's many masterpiece's found in the area. You will not find anything like this for the price and hospitality. Terrific experience for kids.

Townsend, Tennessee
“Pleasant Surprise. Cool, Too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My first trip to the Caverns was with some apprehension, thinking it might be a cheesy tourist trap. Not so. Far from it. Extremely well done. First class experience in every regard. Educational and enjoyable. Great place to be on a hot, muggy summer day.

Visited August 2012
Townsend, Tennessee
“Great for families with children over 6 years of age.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Limited snacks available. Excellent guides. This is a great way to spend a morning or afternoon and also receive a cool education about a portion of our planet most of us know little about. If in the area, don't miss the Caverns.

Visited September 2012
Tuttle, Oklahoma, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We happened to see a sign for these caverns & decided to stop & we are so glad that we did. The caverns are huge! Lauren was an excellent guide.

Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
“Amazing views - Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

First of all - Go directly to their site for pricing information. I thought I did and found the prices to be higher than what I saw on-line. I must have went through a link and saw expired pricing. This is a family owned cavern and it was amazing. It is VERY cold down there so be prepared. I'm glad I wore long pants and had a sweatshirt. We were in awe of how majestic and beautiful a cavern could be. The tour guide told us about the history of the cave and showed some great formations. Bring an empty water bottle and you can fill it in the stream that runs through the cavern. Be prepared to tip your guide at the end. I didn't think of that but luckily had a few dollars with me.