“we had a very quiet room , we will be back in the fall, I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Headrick's River Breeze Motel

Headrick's River Breeze Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Townsend
Headrick's River Breeze Motel
You added Headrick's River Breeze Motel to your Saves list
8242 State Hwy 73, Townsend, TN 37882   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
San Mateo, Florida
“we had a very quiet room , we will be back in the fall, I HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a few days the first of May, the motel was very clean and comfy, I would recommend this place over any chain motel, we love to hike the Smokey’s, and headrick's was very convenient to cades cove, Abrams fall trail was closed due to storms, but we still were able to find lots of other trails. The owner was very helpful, and friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We had a night in this motel during our trip to smoky mountains national park. We picked this motel out of the many along the road through townsend and were glad we did. the room was spotlessly clean, the owners were friendly and helpful and it was good value for money. We would happily recommend this motel or stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We treated ourselves to a few days in the Smokey Mountains during our holiday and we were thrilled to end up in Towsend (better than Pigeon's Forge!) in this super clean motel with friendly owner.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
athol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We are from Massachusetts and wanted to visit TN. This Motel was super clean...the balcony was a great place to sit and relax. We had a room on the upper section which was very very quiet. It felt like a little apartment not a motel room at all. Thre are two pools so it wasnt crowded at all...was actually very peaceful and relaxing and they were very clean well taken care of. We like a relaxing vacation...pigeon forge is a great day trip but staying here was the best!!!!! We plan on coming back again for another week next year!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

We found Headricks by accident a couple of years ago and are very glad we did. Dan and Brenda are wonderful people. The rooms are always clean, and Kay the housekeeper is great! This hotel is a wonderful place to stay if you want clean rooms, quiet and a great view from the balcony. The pools are always clean and if you need anything they are always willing to help. We never stay any where else when we go to Townsend!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Metro Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

We had a wonderful time at Headrick's River Breeze Motel. Our room was large and comfortable and Kay (the housekeeper) always kept the room clean and inviting. Mr. Headrick was very helpful with information and directions. He was also very accommodating. We always felt safe and secure.

We used the pool every night that we were there and found it very relaxing. We even grilled burgers by the pool while we swam. The view out on the porch was very nice especially at sunrise.

Townsend is truly on the quiet side of the Smokies. It is very close to all the attractions but without all the traffic and has several good restaurants. Headrick's River Breeze Motel will definitely be our Smoky Mountain retreat for future vacations!!!

Headrick's was recommended to us by a close friend and we found his recommendation to be right on the money. We liked the fact that it was reasonably priced and privately owned.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

I spent two nights at Headrick's and overall thought it was a great room and a nice experience for the price. I stayed in the property up the hill, which appears newer -- apparently, they expanded or remodeled at some point. My room was large, with two double-beds. Everything was clean and in order except for the coffee provided with the coffee maker. I drink only decaffeinated coffee and the packets provided didn't include decaf. I returned to the office and got some.

I was surprised and happy to see a full-size refrigerator. That was nice. The room also contained a wooden, kitchen-type table. Since I was into room meals versus restaurant meals, this setup was perfect for me. The bathroom sink and vanity are outside of the bathroom so if you need privacy for some face-time with the mirror, you're out of luck. It wasn't a problem for me. The bathroom was on the smallish side. The spacious balcony rocked. Brick walls on either side provide a degree of privacy. The rocking chairs were a plus, too. I did my morning yoga on the balcony facing east -- fabulous!

Each of the two buildings has their own pool. The upper building pool is larger and I imagine, has a better view. I used the pool three times during my stay and enjoyed it immensely.

I also enjoyed walking my bicycle down the hill and being right at the bike path. That was a nice ride, despite being parallel to the main road.

Traveling solo, I was pleased with my motel choice in Townsend and would stay at this place again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — The location and the price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Headrick's River Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!