“More food than we could eat” 5 of 5 stars

(865) 448-9114
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Townsend
New Derry
“More food than we could eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The host at our motel in Townsend recommended this restaurant to my husband and me and we were not disappointed. It was within walking distance of our motel. The chips and salsa were plentiful and we got a refill even without asking. I had the shrimp soft tacos with a side of black beans and they were delicious. My husband ordered the shrimp/chicken quesadilla with shredded lettuce salad, rice and refried beans. Oh my goodness! It arrived on a plate the size of a turkey platter! We could have shared this meal and still had leftovers. The quesadilla was 2 huge tortillas (12 inches) cut into 4 sections.filled with chicken, shrimp, onions, peppers and cheese. We took 2 sections back to the motel and I had them for breakfast the next day. He could not finish the sides either. The décor is not Mexican since this place must have been a rustic ribs or family restaurant. Perhaps the owners will decorate it Mexican once they get established. The service was very good, however, it always perplexes me when Asian servers work in Mexican restaurants!
This is a good choice for dinner in a small town with little variety in food choices and practically all locally owned restaurants. After ribs and family fare this was a nice change.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Elon College, North Carolina
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I didn't look this up ahead of time, but this was a really good Mexican restaurant. We had gone to the cavern nearby and needed a place for lunch and this was perfect. The salsa was good, which is always the mark of a good Mexican restaurant. Would definitely go again if I am in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Virginia
“Muy, Muy, Bueno!!! (Very, Very!,Good!!!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family member ordered "The Big Man" Combo, which includes an Enchilada, a Burrito, a Chile Relleno, a Taco, Rice & Beans!!!! His Plate of food was actually a PLATTER of food & cost only $11.50!!!!! He ate every last bite!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy Salsa and food! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We biked to this place from the KOA campground and Mexican food is my favorite. The salsa was really good and all three of us enjoyed our meal. I had shredded beef enchiladas with green sauce, the serving size was larger than I could eat so my husband had to finish mine off and he thought it was very good too. Place seemed very clean and staff was friendly, good about keeping our chips and drinks filled up. Wasn't very busy when we were there in the early evening.

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Great Mexican food in TN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I'm a Texas gal who has been in TN for almost a year now and am pretty picky about my Mexican food. I was thrilled to see a Mexican food place open in Townsend, but didn't have my hopes too high. I like my salsa spicier than the typical restaurant and asked if the cook made a hotter one than what was served with the chips. He brought me a red tomatillo sauce that was perfect for me! Now I go there all the time and take the leftover salsa home with me, so what a deal! I appreciate the budget-conscious lunch specials and fast and friendly service, too.

Visited July 2014