“Whether you stay in a cabin or the lodge this is a great place get away.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dancing Bear Cabins

and 1 more site!
You added Dancing Bear Cabins to your Saves list
Dancing Bear Cabins
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   137 Apple Valley Way, Townsend, TN 37882   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Whether you stay in a cabin or the lodge this is a great place get away.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Dancing Bear lodge on two occasions, once for several days during a company retreat and this past May for my anniversary with my wife. The staff try to make everything as perfect as possible and are courteous and prompt on any request. If you don't want to stay onsite full time relaxing it is a great location to make an excursion to the Smokey Mountains. There is an outdoor fire during the evenings containers on a table with everything to make smores. My wife and I tried out the small gym next to the lodge. The food and service are very good. Recommend as a stay over any hotel or other cabin rental.

Room Tip: A cabin is a little quieter and more private than staying in the lodge. If your staying in the lodg...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a stellar place. But is a bit over priced. Wish it were larger. Can't always get a reservation. They have cozy rooms, great food too. They need a better breakfast though. The continental flat out sucks.

• Stayed April 2013
LIttle Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Blackberry Farm two years ago for a friend's 65th birthday. It was waaaay overpriced. Heard great things about a sister property called Dancing Bear Lodge and decided to give it a try as we were to be in the area. Staff was delightful and friendly. One bedroom cabin was plenty of room and perfect for our overnight stay. One thing they should offer is softer pillows. The only ones provided were 10 inch thick foam. Maybe I should have called and requested softer ones or just brought my own from home. Dinner at the restaurant was far better than Blackberry Farm and with cocktails and wine for two was $125. I would return just for the food. Husband has pork chop which had been recommended. Tender, juicy with perfect accompanying veggies and potatoes. I had chicken with polenta and veggies...delish! Wait staff was personable and knowledgable. Do NOT miss the best gin and tonic you will ever have! Made with Hendricks gin, Jack Rudy tonic and cucumbers. Yummy! Now make reservations and GO!

• Stayed July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in the lodge in the Paw Paw room. Charming place that certainly has that lodge feel to it. Drinks are available in the evening and that is hard to come by in Townsend, TN. Great location next to the Smoky Mtns with out the crazy hectic atmoshere of Gatlinburg. I would highly recommend a nights stay at the Dancing Bear Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Dancing Bear Lodge. It's the perfect getaway! About 1 hour from Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Knoxville, we enjoyed the peacefulness of feeling like we were in the middle of nowhere. Even just driving up I could already feel myself relaxing! We ate both nights at the lodge, also, and the food was amazing! Great service and all-around a wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Liberty, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent four nights in a cabin over Memorial Day weekend and it was a wonderful stay! Our Cabin felt quite and secluded, we spent our evenings on the porch swing taking in the solitude and sipping a glass of wine or enjoying the hot tube. The feather bed was heaven after some long hikes through the Smokies and our room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. We didn't use the maid service until the last day but every night we had fresh towels on our porch waiting for us and the staff kept in touch asking if we needed anything. Our cabin was clean and nicely decorated.
The breakfast was delicious and I couldn't get enough of the Blackberry Jam - unfortunately it was out of stock and we couldn't purchase a take home jar. The first morning I took a piece of quiche, however, two bites in, I stated to my husband that I had tasted better eggs in the army. I didn't try it again, but that may have been a bad piece as it was the last one on the warmer and we were not early risers.
We had diner on Wednesday night and it was amazing I had a steak and mashed potatoes along with pound cake with a strawberry lemon preserve. The potatoes were easily some of the best I have ever had and the steak was perfection. My husband had trout with shrimp and sausage that was very tasty. He also enjoyed his dessert. The wine and beer list were great and our waiter was attentive but not over the top - just right!
I would definitely stay at the Dancing Bear again - it was a first rate experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin in the rear of the property, quieter and more secluded! We stayed in Little Greenbri...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Was passing thru, couldn't find a room anywhere. Had the local visitors center call around for us. Only place was Dancing Bear Lodge which had one cabin available. Went over, staff very friendly. Lodge was very nice. They let us preview the cabin before deciding. Cabin was expensive but nothing was available short of driving into Pigeon Forge so we decided to stay. While in the lobby we made reservations for dinner which turned out to be very nice but again expensive. My wife and I are not extravigant so this was a treat for us. Alot of expensive cars in the driveway, I guess their patrons pay these prices without hesitation. Anyway, the cabin was cozy. Nice real wood burning fireplace which we used. Feather bed was very comfortable. Jacuzzi tub, nice porch. Honestly it was way better than a motel room. Surprisingly breakfast was provided in the lodge but items were limited. If you got the bucks to spend and like the outdoor/woodsy atmosphere then you'll like this place. For us this was a one time opportunity that just happened by chance, but we were glad to have experienced it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dancing Bear Cabins? Share your experiences!