“Yum” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stopped for the second time so it's time to review. I'll never write a review from one stop on a restaurant, good of bad, I look for consistency. Both times I stopped I had a wonderful meal and didn't empty my wallet.

“Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had dunner on Friday night, food was great, not some of it ,but all of it!! Service on the other hand was a JOKE.

“Good food great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Ate here for the first time about an hour ago. The staff was great and our waiter Sam was excellent. The beef brisket was good and the rib was also. My wife had the chicken and liked it and they had no provlem letting her split that meal with our daughter. My son had corndogs (gotta get gim out more). They could use more options on the kids menu and something for kids to do while waiting for the food. Tje pricing was reasonable and portions very good. This is definately somewhere I will come back too. Big shout out and thanks to our waiter Sam. Good job sir.

Chatsworth, Georgia
“Very good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great location, lots of parking, real smoked bbq. This is a place for foods that stick to the ribs after rafting or hiking all day. While most of the fare is common to the American BBQ restaurant, flavor of the pork stands out. They have their own sauces which I encourage you to try, and a huge dessert called the Ooey Gooey Bar that my son and I shared. Now, I'm not crazy about a lot of foods coming from the freezer to the fryer but as I said, that's common to most places like this and I did order and enjoy the nuggets. Portions are large and you'll feel satisfied you made a good decision by stopping here. Staff was friendly and the men's restroom was very clean. Just beware of the small step down in to it. Enjoy Smokin Joes!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Best BBQ in Townsend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat on Sunday afternoon while staying in Townsend for a few days. We happened upon Smokin Joes and the parking lot was full...a good sign! We were not disappointed. All three of us had the pulled pork sandwiches. My wife and daughter got the broccoli casserole and fried apples; while I got a double helping of fries. The meat was smoked really well and the sauces were great! Prices were really good too.

• Visited July 2014