“Pretty waterfall!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 15 Activities in Townsend
Type: Equestrian Trails, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: The Original Cades Cove Riding Stables, we offer a Guided 110ft Tall Waterfall Tour by Horseback, along with Carriage Rides and a Horse Drawn Hayride that includes a marshmallow roast. Originally started by my father, Hugh Myers, @ 1965 in Cades Cove where we operated for 43 years, until I moved the stables to Townsend in 2009. I invite you to visit us at our new location in Townsend, a place rich in natural beauty and history that you'll easily experience as you ride the trail to the waterfall.
Louisville, Kentucky
33 attraction reviews
“Pretty waterfall!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had a young wrangler who had more fun flirting than anything else! Pretty ride, though. Got to see a neat waterfall. Long drive from Sevierville to the stables but on the way to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Visited July 2013

“Friendly guide, beautiful scenery, great horses, interesting trail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm so glad we decided to go trail riding here. I haven't been on a horse in four years and I was reminded of wonderful riding is again. Our guide, Josh, was extremely personable and helpful. The trail was interesting with different terrains and beautiful scenery. We crossed in front of a breath-taking waterfall. My horse, Olive, was well behaved. The ride was inexpensive and well worth it. Altogether, riding here was the highlight of my Tennessee trip!

“Great Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a lot of "first timers" and our guide really eased our minds. The horses were great and the trail wasn't just flat. We climbed several shady hills with sightings of turkey, waterfalls and a cemetery. Our tour guide was very social and kept us entertained. He even took a picture of our group on the horses from his cell phone and texted to us. Great time and I recommend this establishment when in the Smokies.

Tell City, Indiana, United States
28 attraction reviews
“Love this riding stables: See a bear everytime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Rode a horse and went thru a stream, saw a bear. Future daughter in law had never rode a horse before, but loved it!

Visited June 2013
“The owner was mean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We started with mike great guide and talked so highly of the owner and how he looked up to I think his name was Rick but half way Rick came out of the bushes and fired mike cause he waited on my mom and sister at the falls so don't stop you will get a blurred picture the the ride turned horrible Rick took over and never talked I will never come back to this stable again

Visited June 2013