“Not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars

Townsend, Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you are in the Smokies you should drive thru Cades Cove. But after you leave the cove and are headed back out,drive to the end of Tremont to experience a wonderful hike. The road is on the left a few hundred yards from the wye to Townsend. If you have a low riding car do not attempt the gravel section you will bottom out. But if not head slowly out the gravel road until it runs out. At the end you will find a bridge - cross it and turn to the left-hike as long or far as you wish. A slight constant climb but worth the trouble. A must do.

Visited March 2013

Huntsville, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
“Privacy and water views on this secluded road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just returned from a winter trip into the Smoky Mountains. We happened upon this old logging road, properly marked as Upper Treemont Road. We saw very few cars during the meandering trip. The creek/river was clear and easy to step down to, as there are several pulloffs, just big enough for one or two cars. It's a perfect little trip for nature lovers, photographers, those seeking to get away from the crowds. This is NOT a drive to fly through. You will be travelling about 15 -20 mph so make sure you give yourself about an hour or two to get out and enjoy the views.

Visited February 2013
Townsend, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Sites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a Must See.. It is truly a beautiful drive thru the GSM's along a beautiful creek..Once at the end of the road, be sure to hike the Middle Prong trail for a truly beautiful experience and enjoy the views..

Visited February 2013
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Before that, I only heard about this famous park. I had a chance to go there during my study leisure time. Although I didn't see black bears, I enjoyed seeing the beautiful scenery and animals there. I also got a baby lobster, and I gave it back to the nature. We had a Pizza Hut picnic along the river.
Visiting date was in July 2009.

Visited February 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I told the owner of the hotel I'm at that I came to see waterfalls. She told me to check this area. It is very pretty. I expected more waterfalls by what she said (and perhaps there are more when there has been more rain), but as it was, I only saw one. The drive is along a dirt road that winds back a long way. The river is visible almost the entire time. It has fantastic pools and rapids to look at. I think it took an hour for me to drive into and back out of the area in all, perhaps longer. I came in the fall, so there weren't many flowers or anything, but the fall colors were visible. And I imagine in warmer seasons, you can see lovely flora. Maybe even some wildlife, too!

Visited October 2012

Travelers who viewed Upper Tremont Road in Great Smoky Mountains National Park also viewed

Been to Upper Tremont Road in Great Smoky Mountains National Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Upper Tremont Road in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.