“Fantastic food!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open with new winter hrs
“Fantastic food!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing!!! Fried pickles where some if the best ever!!!! Blt( with fried green tomato on it) was out of this world!!!! Prices were also amazing!!! A keeper for sure!!

Philadelphia, Tennessee
“Mostly just OK, but standout baked goods”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Firefly Cafe for lunch recently while staying in Townsend for the weekend. The reviews here are so good, we figured it must be worth the time. I had a hamburger and fries, while DH tried the special chicken sandwich with wine-sauteed mushrooms, bacon, and swiss cheese and fries.

Frankly, all the food we had was just OK. That kind of makes it really exemplary compared to traditional Townsend fare (which was really, incredibly bad for years), but if this were all I could find at home on a sunny weekday, I would be disappointed.

The restaurant is tiny, and very popular, so we felt extremely crowded. I am an introvert, so my perception is colored by my constant wish to maintain at least three feet between me and the next person. I was sitting a foot and a half from the next person seated in a booth. I heard her conversation more clearly than I heard my own. If you are comfortable with crowds, this will not bother you.

Fortunately, we ordered the chunky carrot cake to take back to the cabin with us. It was *divine*. If all their baked goods are as good as that -- and they certainly looked delectable -- then the Firefly Cafe deserves a visit based on their desserts alone.

I would like to go back and try them at breakfast sometime. Maybe they're more inspired by eggs and bacon than by beef and chicken with mushrooms. But I can tell you for sure: I won't pass through Townsend again without stopping to buy some cake. Or pie. That chunky, nubby, nutty, cream-cheesy-sweet carrot cake was delicious! Makes me wish I had a piece right now!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Book mark this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We enjoyed mid afternoon dinner so much, we came back next AM for breakfast! From the cheerful and chatty waitresses, to the fantastic food, quick and attentive service, this is a wonderful little restaurant! Clean and quirky decor, inventive menu and nice-size portions, and good coffee!

Dayton, OH
“Great family owned cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

A local took us here for lunch. I had the tuna melt, they had the chicken salad. Very tasty. The fires were good, the sweet potato fries were excellent. It is a very pretty part of TN, not too far from the Park and on a pretty river.

Morral, OH
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service. We will be back. Lots of good looking dinner specials. Give the fried green tomato BLT a try!