Stayed two nights at Highland over Labor Day weekend. My husband and I had room 119, other family had 118 next door. When we first walked in, our room smelled very bad, like a musty, damp basement. It was late. I sprayed some perfume on the carpet, turned up the air, and went to bed. We left the next morning to spend the day with family. I brought my daughter back with me that afternoon. The smell when we walked in was absolutely horrible. She immediately identified the odor as mold. She peeled back a loose corner of wall paper in the bathroom and found black mold. I asked to be changed to another room, which was still a little musty, but better. The desk clerk was courteous, and told me that they do have a problem with dampness in the rooms on the bottom floor in these units because they are built into the hillside. The problem is more than a little dampness. Considering the unusually rainy summer we have had, I am sure the problem has escalated into a major mold issue. It is a health issue and needs to be dealt with appropriately and immediately.
Otherwise, the rooms were clean on the surface and quite adequate. Our family in room 118 did notice an odor, but did not think it was as strong in their room. Ours was the end unit.