“What Happened?” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Maryville,Tn. 37801
“What Happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was one of our favorite restaurants. Recently, however, things have changed drastically. The quality of the food has gone down hill. What was once homemade now seems to be either frozen or from cans. Tasteless vegetables, salad dressings and desserts no longer the same, quality of steaks definetly inferior. We were told the restaurant is under new ownership. We will not return any time soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Murfreesboro, TN
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My steak was tough and tasteless, the salad had brown, wilted lettuce, and my baked potato was hard and rubbery. The waitress didn't come by and ask us about anything until the end of the meal. She then deducted the steak but charged us $6.00 for a lousy salad and potato. I ended up leaving a bigger tip b/c I thought she took care of us but realized after the fact that I had paid too much for a lousy meal. Won't go there again.

Visited October 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Won't ever set foot on the property again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We ate here by default our first night in the area. Both my sister and I ordered a steak special they offered, which came with a baked potato and a salad. The salad was very small and quite a bit of wilted lettuce had to be picked out while eating. The dressing came in small plastic cups and I willingly ordered 'The "Junction's" Bleu Cheese' though it cost .50 cent extra since they seemed to claim fame to it as if it was great. I can't attest to that because there was absolutely NO bleu cheese chunks or even a hint of the flavor in my dressing. Had the waitress bothered to check back within a decent time frame of serving our salads I would have spoke to her about it, instead I just ate what I was served. Our steaks and potatoes came and I noticed immediately that my steak had a LOT of fat around it, so much that I couldn't even believe they would serve it. A good 1/3 of the steak I was served I wouldn't eat because it was all fat and what I did eat bordered on tough and tasteless. While my sister got a better looking steak, she too wasn't happy with the steak and also immediately commented that her potato looked and tasted as if it had been cooked once and then recooked again and served. Yesterday's leftovers, maybe? I lucked out on the potato lottery. Mine didn't look as nasty as her's did and it tasted good, actually being the best part of my meal.

When I was done eating, I made it a point to make sure the fat I removed from the steak was front and center on my plate. That worked because the waitress commented on it when she saw it, even saying herself that she couldn't believe the kitchen would serve it with that much fat. At this time I brought up the subject of the salad dressing, asking her if they made different dressing from a same base recipe and then added other ingredients to make different types. She didn't know and I told her that what I was served tasted absolutely nothing like bleu cheese and if they made their dressings the way I was thinking, someone forgot to finish. Here I learned from her there should have been chunks of bleu cheese in the dressing, just like what I'm familiar with and have been eating for years. I assured her that not only were there no bleu cheese chunks, there was absolutely NO flavor.

She came back with our checks and we discovered that she removed the meal charge for our steak dinners from our checks, and also the additional charge for my salad dressing from mine. Instead each of us was charged $2.49 and $3.99. Not even thinking about it, and feeling somewhat guilty that she was losing out on part of her tip because of something not her fault, we put down a little extra percentage than we normally would on our adjusted checks, even though her service didn't warrant a decent tip. Only after paying the rather rude older woman at the register who it seemed didn't appreciate our opinion of their food and the fact that we weren't satisfied and driving away, did we realize how we had just gotten royally screwed and, to make matters worse, had over-tipped on top of it!!! We were charged $2.49 for the potato (this I knew because I remembered seeing it listed under sides for that price). I didn't have a problem with that because mine was good, but my sister who had what seemed to be reheated leftovers was not happy. The clincher of it was something we should have realized and argued about before paying - we were charged $3.99 each for very small salads with wilted lettuce, when $1.99 each would have been a resonable price for a salad the size we were served. Bottom line was our first night in town we had a terrible dinner with mediocre service and attitude from what I suspect was an owner who acted as if nothing like this had ever happened and it was "us" who were the problem.

I will NEVER set foot on their property again, let alone do something as stupid as walk through their doors to eat. Oh, and I have to apologize to a recent reviewer who it seems had a similar experience with their meals and the ridiculous overcharge which they addressed immediately. Had I been more timely in submitting my review from our visit 2 weeks ago, perhaps I could have spared you and your family the same fate.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sullivan, Illinois
“Can You Say NEVER AGAIN?!?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

When we arrived, we were seated immediately.
Our waitress didn't even wait for us to sit down before she asked for our drink orders. One person in our party asked for water and the waitress replied "I'll come back"
She returned with a basket of cold rolls, took our drink orders and left.
Several minutes later she returned with our drinks. As my husband raised his glass of tea he stopped and couldn't believe all of the "junk" floating in his glass. We then all checked our glasses. Another person at the table had a glass that had a brown greasy substance smeared all over the outside of the glass. Both were sent back, but no apologies were offered. In fact it seemed like we were asking too much.
Every person at our table ordered one of the specials listed on their board, however the steak special that my husband and I ordered was something the waitress had not heard of, so she left to verify that it was a special even though it was on the large lit marquis right outside the restaurant window.
When this was straightened out we placed our orders.
A salad came first, it was okay. Dressing is served in a to-go plastic cup with a lid.
Next came our steak and potato. The very large potatoes were cold in the center and hard as rocks - they were not cooked through. We told our waitress and she awkwardly removed them from our plates.
The steaks were small and tasteless, my husband could actually chew his, but after three minutes of trying to chew one piece of mine, I ended up concealing it in a napkin. I let the waitress know. We were told by an older woman who told us she was the owner, that this happens and they don't know why.
Meanwhile, my husband ate a semi-warm steak with no potato. His potato was served hot and waxy long after he was finished eating his steak.
I ate about half of the potato served to me and was told my entree would be removed from the bill. Didn't fix the problem of not much for dinner but at least it seemed like an effort was being made.
At the register, the owner rang up our bill and it included a charge for the potato and the salad. When I asked her about it, she replied "well, you ate it, right?" Incredible, but I stuck to my guns and when my husband heard she was trying to charge for the potato (one dollar less than the steak - mind you), he retold our entire experience, only then did she agree to remove the entree from our bill which she had offered originally.
She then also removed my husband's entree from the bill.
She informed us that our server was experienced and she didn't know what had happened. I replied that it wasn't the servers fault that the dishes were dirty and the food wasn't cooked, but it fell on deaf ears.
If you would like to have this kind of experience for dinner by all means give this place a shot!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charleston SC
“Good cookin'!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This appears to be a family run restaurant where we had three meals, breakfast, lunch and supper. All were very good. The only problem is we ate too much! The staff was unbelievably helpful, pleasant and just a happy group. They don't open for breakfast until 7:30 and we had to meet our group at 8. They made it work for us.

Visited October 2012