“Dangerous Activity” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Bodies of Water, Amusement/ Theme Parks
Attraction Details
“Dangerous Activity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This should have been fun but my husband and son were hurt badly tubing here!

It is basically run by teen agers that really don't seem to care about the patrons or their safety!

There are parts of the river that are dangerous and once the rapids throw you out of your tube, may God help you! My son suffered gashes and bruises and my husband got a 7 inch slash in his leg and cuts all over as we'll as losing his glasses and his swimming trunks were torn to shreds!

Some of the rocks can rip and cut you to ribbons!

WEAR AQUA SHOES AND SHIRTS! You will need them! DO NOT TAKE GLASSES! I would not do this activity without a suit of armor myself!

They need to offer sound advice and caution before they send people out to tube! Not have a bunch of kids working there who could care less about you or your children's safety!

Visited July 2013

“Great adventure - get the watershoes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband grew up tubing in the mountains so when he saw the brochure for tubing at our hotel, he was hooked. We were given a choice of three routes , two were more gentle and then there was the 'adventure' route! Guess which one the hubby wanted? I was a little scared at first and took one of the free lifejackets. A quick talk to our shuttle driver gave us some basic instructions and calmed me down. The water was really cold but I got used to it fast. My husband had a blast and was constantly giving me and anyone around us advice on proper tubing technique! Several of the other tubers seemed to be doing everyone of the things that the driver had told us was dangerous. The whole trip was so much fun that we did it twice. The price was great too, only 9 dollars for all day. Dont try to save too much - spend the extra money and get a pair of the water shoes. You will need some protection for your feet!

“Dangerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We started out with an adult tube flipping my dad out and him hitting his head on a rock. He had to return via van and the first thing to driver said was no refunds! Turns out the tubes were too small to hol up a large adult. The water was so rough that my 16 yo almost drowned, my 9 yo was petrified and my sister has a huge head injury from the rocks, list her glasses and we all are banged and bruised on the rocks. Several class 2 rapids in a tube!!!! Life vest were raged and they do not offer head gear or tell you how rough the water is. Thank God there were residents by one of the drop offs where my sister got hurt to help people out. Tons of people were injured at that drop. Someone even had to be picked up by ambulance while we were there. 6 out of 11 of us had to walk back and were injured during that "supposedly" nice family float trip down the river. Again- NO ONE warned of us how dangerous and rough the water was. I understand that they cannot control the river, but they sure should be responsible enough to tell you and provide proper equipment to provide a safe, enjoyable tubing experience!

Tennessee
“Near drowning x 2”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Townsend and East TN have received a lot of rain lately and apparently this changed the River Rage from a leisurely float to fast flowing water over jagged rocks and big boulders. My daughter (21) and I were both flipped out of our tubes and if my husband had not been a few feet a way and very physically capable to intervene and help us, I truly feel we would have drowned. We were not informed that we should wear life jackets or that it was even advisable. Very disappointing and terrifying experience. TUBING anything but a level one when you are not a strong swimmer and have no head gear or life jacket on it is just plain STUPID. Be informed, be safe- because you won't get that information beforehand at this place of business.

Richmond
“WORST DAY EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First thing the driver took us to the river and told us someone would meet us at the third bridge.We got to the third bridge and floated about another one half mile.We saw some people standing on the bank but they never told us who they were.We finally stopped and asked them and they said they work for River Rage,but how were we suppose to know.There were no signs saying this was the pick up point.When we were loaded on the bus to come back to our car there were ten people and ten tubes on the bus. We were very very crowed to say the least.