“Great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Wright Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
The Wright Cabins
You added The Wright Cabins to your Saves list
136 Black Mash Hollow Rd, Townsend, TN 37882   |
Special Offer
Book Direct & Save!!
indiana
“Great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We've stayed at the Wright Cabins a few times now. We love the location, you can drive right into the National Park, just a few miles down the road and you aren't right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge--but you are close enough to go there. The cabins are natural, no frills, but you have everything that you need. So, if you want a mountain experience, the Wright Cabins are for you!! Our cabin had a porch swing, hot tub and a fireplace. Just remember that you are in the moutains, so our cabin had a very steep incline, however, they have other cabins that are on flatter ground--whichever you prefer. I love that you can take your pet with no hasstles, our pug loves the fresh mountain air!! I will stay with the Wright's again and I highly recommend!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My lady, our dog and I en route to Canada. Wanted to spend a day in the Smokies so booked The Wright Cabins after reading a review on TA. Very glad we did as they were indeed the (w)right cabins for us. We were in the Crow's Nest - quant one-bedroom loft set up with lots of space. Comfortable for all three of us. Well equipped. We didn't use the hot tub but it was set up to go if we had wished. Great access to the park. Townsend infinitely preferable to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg - very quiet and undeveloped still. Cabin clean, lots of hot water, nice and quiet. Well worth staying in. Two minor quibbles - no vent over stove so wouldn't want to cook here for too many nights; no dry firewood - great fireplace but I ain't no boy scout - finally for fire going after liberal use of firestarter blocks. Will stay again if in area - so nice to be able to have our canine family member with us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vincent, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

In response to the negative review about Riversong in 2011, I would like to give you my review of Riversong Cabin. I live in Alabama and my sister-in-law and I refer to Riversong, as our home away from home!! We have visited there about 5 different times since May, 2012. Riversong is quaint, cozy, relaxing and has the most well quipped kitchen of any rental property, I have visited. It is like going to your favorite aunt's. I have NEVER experienced a problem with Internet connection. I have an IPad which I always take with me!! We have NEVER had a problem with the refrigerator???? The review in 2011, is inaccurate and unfortunate for such nice and accompanying folks as Warren and Peggy Wright!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Attalla, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Sitting, listening to sounds of this beautiful little bit of heaven I try never to think of home. I feel like I'm home. The cabins are so well build and even tho I hear cars in the distance all I see is trees at Doves Nest. Walking in knee deep leaves, the church bells mixed in with the fussing of dried leaves still on the trees sounds reminds me of my childhood.
The Wright's have always maked my trip perfect even when I drop in unexpected. Great bed, good water, clean room, lots of trees, close to park and good food within a mile.
When work gets crazy, life's too busy, or I just want to study I call Peggy Wright and Wright Cabins!
Peggy your the best!

• Stayed November 2012
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were booked for Crow's Nest which was absolutely charming. The only concern we had was leaving our trailer and motorcycles away from the cabin due to the steep driveway. From the minute I called Peggy with our concern, she and Warren were there to help. She gave us our choice of all of the available cabins and we found Momma's cabin to be easily accessible with the trailer and bikes. I don't know that I have encountered this degree of concern for our comfort any place before! It was so quiet and peaceful and it really feels as if you are the only cabin around. if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of a tourist trap, stay in Townsend at The Wright Cabin's. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Townsend, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Mountain Breeze.
Excellent cabin to get away in. Whole cabin is clean, awesome feel to it. Love the patio, nice breeze and Great Grill!!
I have stayed in many of the Wright's cabins, and this is definitely one of the top ones they have.
Wonderful people to work with, reasonable rates , very very clean cabins, all you need is to bring your food and clothes. Have everything else there for you.
Its a home away from home

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

God is great, Life is good and Riversong is a piece of heaven in Tennessee. After staying in different locations over the last 30 years in Townsend, we finally found Riversong! Not difficult to find even in the dark with great directions from Ms. Peggy. It is an extremely comfortable, clean, cozy, charming, homey, cabin ..everything we could possible want or need to unwind at a good price for retirees. It is well furnished with everyday needs, internet access, telephone connect, cable TV (I don't watch but Hubby does) even has the "back home" retro feel we all want and need with all the modern upticks. On top of all that it is PET friendly. Isabella, our golden loved the back deck watching the geese, otters, ducks, boaters and birds. I was surprised to find that there was a covered space for our car so it was never out in the weather. Security motion lights were also an added attraction. The cabin lives up to it's name because the river sings to you day and night...so sweet. Had a spring shower one day and rain on the tin roof reminded me of times past. We have not slept so good in a long time, bed was very comfy for retirees. We did find that we brought a lot more than we needed (our fault) only because it was so well furnished, although I will bring my pillow in November when we return, already booked for another week and looking forward to that trip. Overall this was a fantastic trip and we would certainly recommend RIVERSONG for a relaxing peaceful stay in Walland.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Wright Cabins? Share your experiences!