“Great place wish was bigger” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Description: Tellico Grains is a family-owned and operated artisan bakery, nestled in the foothills of the Tennessee Smoky Mountains. Stuart and Anissa Shull bring their educations, culinary expertise, and passions to life in the all natural handcrafted baked goods. One bite and you'll taste the love and dedication baked into every morsel.
Hixson, Tennessee
“Great place wish was bigger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Only complaint is the space guest should have a max of 5 min after eating and then asked to allow accommodations for other guest

Vonore, Tennessee
“We go for the pastries and keep going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We have been here many times. Whenever my son is here from southern Florida, we drive the hour to get here. He likes the drive to Tellico Plains and the bakery that much! We usually stop in for a pastry. I always say I am going to try something different, but I always end up with either a turnover (and if they are fresh out of the oven, they are the best ever) or a scone (love the strawberry rhubard). We love the artisan breads--hard to say our favorite, but we seem to always get sourdough at least. We sometimes buy a flatbread but we always end up eating it in the car before we get home. I would love to try their pizza some time. Yes, it gets croweded, but we find the staff very efficient and we never seem to wait terribly long. My mouth is watering as I type.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carrollton, Georgia
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Yummy, fresh baked goods for breakfast. I wanted to try all of the cookies and sweets, but couldn't. Wish I had a chance to go there for lunch.

Barberton, Ohio, United States
“Yummy Bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The nut bread was to die for. Moist, with a crumbley top. Made our morning coffee taste even better. We were given a free loaf with our cabin. I can't say enough about the friendly people. Thanks for making our vacation even better.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went here for lunch at noon on a Monday. There were only two people working there, the cook and the order taker/waitress. Service was VERY slow, as neither the cook nor the order taker/waitress could keep up with the orders. My wife & I waited about 25 minutes for two rather simple sandwiches. The food was good, although the meat quantity on both was rather light. One thing that was very odd was that there was no ice available (for drinks), but I guess when you start out as a bakery, then decide to start serving sandwiches for lunch to make some extra cash, an ice machine just isn't in the budget! The cost was about $22 for the two of us, which was pretty high considering what you got. We will not be going back.

• Visited June 2014