“repeated stays” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tazewell
Imperial Inn Motel
2196 Highway 25 E, Tazewell, TN 37879   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Tazewell
Cincinnati, Ohio
“repeated stays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Imperial Inn in Tazewell, TN usually 2-3 times a year for the past five years. Contrary to other reviews noted my experience has not been negative. The beds and bathrooms have been clean. And the toilets, showers always work.There is always plenty of hot water.
The owner has been pleasant and responds quickly to requests for extra towels, pillows, etc.

Room Tip: we always ask for non-smoking.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Tazewell, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Say what ever you like, everyone is free to voice their on opinion. But i strongly disagree with both the other reviews on this site.In my experince most ppl who travel look for the best deal and or reasonable rate they can( as i do my self ).I have done quite a bit of traveling threw work and for fun,and in my travels i have stayed at a range of different hotels and motels. That being said there is always good and bad with each one. I have found the rates more than reasonable at the imperial inn in tazewell,also the couple that own and run the inn are not only kind, courtouse ,but they are edger to please their guests.If u find urself passing threw or stopping in tazewell to visit family whatever the reason for ur trip the imperial inn is worth checking into. I feel sad for the ppl who wrote the other two reviews,because it must be hard to be perfect all the time ,and i also appoligize to the owners of the inn for the harsh words in the other reviews. Please dont let the opinions of two ppl discoruge you . Keep up the good work, and thank you for your kindness to all ur guests.Like i said before if you find urself in tazewell or passing threw for what ever reason stop on in at the imperial inn in tazewell. The rates are very reasonable, the rooms are clean and spaceous,and also you will be met with open arms from two of the kindest ppl you will ever have the pleasure of meeting....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Point Pleasant, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Old flat pillows, mattress pokes you with it's springs, thin old bed linen. The scratchy grey towels so old you would only use them to wash the floors. I felt I was in an old 'I love Lucy' sitcom.

Tired after a nine hour drive, I had to take the sheets down to the office. An elderly man explained that all the hair is because of static cling. I could see his wife sitting in a side room looking mortified. She was the housekeeper, according to the now defensive man. I asked for another set, because I could smell body odor on them. I told him to use a water softener and dryer sheets. He said nothing works. I told him to throw away all his linen. Amazingly I didn't find any parasites or vermin.

I didn't bother to horrify myself with closer inspection of the rest of the room. However I didn't sit on the toilet seat or use the shower.

I was so mad to have had so little sleep and paid over $50.00 for the room. The building should be condemned. How sad for these old people have to eke out a living from a run down old hotel. Tazewell Tn., 8,000 miles away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Tazewell hotels

Powell, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. It smelled bad, the toilet didn't work, the floors were dirty, and the bathroom was filthy. And the real kicker was that I'm pretty sure they hadn't washed the sheets after the last person slept in the bed--I found a pubic hair and pieces of grass and dirt in the sheets. Do your self a favor and find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Find another motel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Imperial Inn Motel? Share your experiences!